Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Walk a mile in my shoes....and then buy me some new ones

Damn, I really don't have anything to say. That's a good way to start a post off, huh?

I've come to the conclusion that I am addicted. I've known it for a while now, actually a real long time, but now is the first time I'm really able to take a step forward and do something about it.

Hello, my name is Ms. A and I'm addicted to buying shoes.

Whew...it feels so good to get that out.

On the way home for Thanksgiving, me and the girls stopped at the mall and of course I had to buy some shoes. I didn't mean to, they just kinda called out to me and begged for me to wrap them up in a bag and carry them home. I debated on buying them because I have NOTHING to go with them, but that just gives me more reason to partake in my other addiction - shopping for clothes. I cannot wait to get in a mall, feel fabric and place articles next to each other to see how they complement. Shopping is an art. I'm trying to paint a masterpiece of the perfect wardrobe. No one talked about Picasso while he was working so don't talk about me. Now the shoes habit is a totally different story. I have shoes that I bought to go with ONE outfit, that have NEVER gotten worn again, that's just sick. I'm trying to stop, I've taken that first step, haven't I? But there's just something about getting those shoes home and seeing them fit in with all the others, adding their own little splash of color and unique style to the plethera of footwear I already own. There's something so special about that first wearing, I feel like I am debuting some children for the first time since birth, "meet my new babies, aren't they pretty?". OK, I'm making my addiction sound a LOT worse than it really is, but I seriously love shoes. So feel free to refer me to any good sites.

I told you I didn't have anything to say, so if this entry has already gotten the ISRH (I Stopped Reading Here) mark, I really don't give a shit. I'm about to go watch Mean Girls with my kid sister, call my friend on the phone and eat some pound cake. Then I'm gonna walk around in my brand-new shoes. Ahhh, this is the life.

1 Comments:

Blogger SOULJOURNIN... said...

LOL, I hope you went to all your classes then...to have fully earned the right to wear your shoes! I am the same way with clothes but u know that lol

ciao bella

2:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home