Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Closer.

There's a quote that's been stuck in my head for a few days now.

"It is when we are not afraid to fall that we fly the highest."

It's a moral that I should have taken away when I read one of my favorite books, Johnathon Livingston Seagull.

It's the same sentiment the Coach Carter-catapulted- Marianne Williamson quoted-Nelson Mandela credited- "Our Deepest Fear" speech holds.

But I like it better.

Once I accept that falling (and also failing) is an option, although not THE option....

maybe,

.....I can write again.
Without fear that words will fail/leave me. Write without fear that my words will betray me and show things I never meant to display.

...I can love again.
Without fear that I will give myself, my all to a man/boy who doesn't deserve it. Without fear that pain and love will once again become so synonymous, so intertwined that it takes me years to decipher between the two again.

....I can achieve.
Without fear that I won't perform up to my standard. The one I hold myself to. The ones others hold me to.

Maybe, just maybe....

When I quit looking down and remembering how the ground looks, I'll be able to appreciate the vastness of the sky.

Maybe when I realize that once it hurts, that's all it can do.

I can live.

2 Comments:

Blogger SOULJOURNIN... said...

I agree...and I think thats been a problem head on...what you should know is that the real failure is NOT TRYING that sounds cliche but its bigger than what it appears...because you can go through life playing it safe but although you might not cry all your tears, you won't experience all of your joy either...(Khalil Gibran "The Prophet")

I decided along time ago to live on my faith and i realize that what i thought was failure wasn't...failure is giving up...so we have to shift our perspective (and this is a daily process for me) but I am glad you came to that realization!!!!

11:11 AM

 
Blogger SOULJOURNIN... said...

Oh PS...
This is one of the most beautiful entries you have written...

11:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home