Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Now Boarding: Flight 5127B

If you are going to lie to me, fine.

Just please don't expect me to believe anything you ever say again.

This doesn't mean that if you tell me it's raining outside, I won't bring my umbrella. However, when it comes to real matters, serious matters, you will no longer be in my book of people to listen to.

"Why?", you ask? "That's the way it is", I reply.

"But Aries, don't people make mistakes?", you say. "Sure" is my response.

However, it's been my experience that people will ALWAYS take advantage when you give them the chance. Set a bowl of free peppermints on a table and folks will always take more than they really need. Well I refuse to have my trust be treated like excess freshmints, thrown into the bottom of purses and pockets, only to be discovered in the washer or dryer, then thrown away. (Like dat analogy? lol...)

I don't give people second chances very often. And I think it's fair. I'm (obviously) an Aries, therefore making it very hard for me to forgive and forget. Personally, it's almost impossible for me to fully forgive those who have done me wrong. So rather than trying to rejuvanate a relationship on a rocky foundation that has been jackhammered with lies, I would rather throw it all away and start fresh - with a new somebody.

So don't take it personal when you get demoted from "close aquaintance" to "this nigga I know". Just know that your lies wrote you a one-way ticket out of my tight circle of people I actually care about, and more importantly, TRUST.

4 Comments:

Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

Trust ...
Girl so hard to give yet so easily broken.

I feel you on not giving second chances, so when you do and people f*** you over anyway....you can't help but get that cold sensation inside.

**Sigh**

9:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel you. I'll give you a second chance... well... it'll feel like a second chance to you... when in all actuality you've just been recategorized... as you said... from friend to acquaintance, from acquaintance to... "some nigga I know"... from boyfriend to fuck buddy...whatever... I have and will hand out demotions FREELY. So I feel you completely. But you knew that Leos and Aries are very similar, already. LOL

12:28 PM

 
Blogger bitchdoctrine said...

Girl, do what you need to do. Once you've made up your mind, don't look back either. I love your analogy of peppermints, because it's sooo damn true. The worst part outta this is that the person who screwed you over lost a great person for a friend.

9:09 PM

 
Blogger courtney said...

girl...well said.

9:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home