Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

G.R.I.T.S

Alright...RBG is the only one who called me out. Which means either you all don't care...*sniff sniff*...or you've given up on me because of my blog vacations....*sniff sniff*....Either way I'm sad....please give me a moment to compose myself..

Ah well! I'm back. None of ya'll black behinds betta come around and be talking about.."Why I ain't linked...Damn...Aries been coming to see me for like a year and she still ain't put me up..That's that bullish..." Nope...none of that....

I have this newfound jealousy for Southern girls. Blame Erykah Badu. I just found her song - "Southern Gul" again and she made me realize that REAL...wait, let me say that again...REAL Southern girls are raised with such culture. Georgia peaches and ish...know how to be sweet with a switch of a button. Raised with hot kitchens and even if they don't cook, they probably know how to do it. Cornbread bodies and sweet accents. Down home hospitality. I've been called a bitch more times than a lil bit and I think it may be because I'm from the North. We're cold up there, literally and figuratively. You gotta be. I'm not charming....I'm funny, I'm nice when I wanna be, I'm entertaining, but I'm also very straight-forward. I'm not one of those people who will give you a sweet smile when you are acting an ass. I'm the chick that's gonna look at you like you're a disgrace to your mother's ovaries, swing my neck around and literally turn my back on you. Sometimes it's cool to be brash, but other times, I wish I had that down (south) home training that told my ignorant side to just smile and nod, smile and nod. Eh well, i am who i am...gotta be me. That's just the thought of the day.

3 Comments:

Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

Hey...I'm a transplant G.R.I.T. and its hard out here for us too!! People want this sweet...southern belle...they don't be ready for the krunk to death...take no prisoners sistas that we really are

9:34 PM

 
Blogger Phukofku Gale said...

Can't fron't I do love my grits...wrote a poem about it. might show up later this week.

come holla.

-Chrome*

11:05 PM

 
Blogger SOULJOURNIN... said...

Hey, but you have a warm fuzzy side Liza. Don't be so hard on yourself. My whole daddy's side is from the south and trust all them aint to nice either. and you know how my daddy is... lol

9:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home