Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

I'm the New Kid On the Block...Again.

OK, there is one guarantee in this post:

It will be random.


- tomorrow marks my first day at my new school. I'm not excited like most people (I guess) would be, however I am ready for a fresh start. Let's see how it goes. Wish me luck.

- People are entirely too needy. We are all users. We use this girlfriend for shopping, this one for talking, this one for working out, etc etc etc. And LAWD, don't let me get started on how we use those of the opposite sex. That is a whole 'nother post. It's ok to use people, we ALL do it. Just make sure you give some to other people as well and that you don't use someone so much to the point where they question your motives.

- Once again, I think I will have a problem with my roommate. I will dig up some old entries in a few days to show you all the problems I had freshman year with my roommate because I think that this year will pose some of the same problems. Black parents and white parents MUST have two totally different "Home Training" guides. Is it too much to ask that your panties not be EVERYWHERE? On the floor, next to the sink, hanging off the shower door...? Is it too much to ask that your guests throw shit away in YOUR trash can? I don't wanna empty nobody's trash but mine and the people I have over. Is it too much to ask that you pick up your clothes after you take them off, or at least throw them on your bed? DAYUM......

- Pineapples still rock.

- Cereal is the BOMB shit when you are hungry and broke. Especially Honey Nut Cheerios.

- I'm learning not to think the worst of people because people keep surprising me and doing the right thing. Or maybe I will continue to think the worst so that way I will never be let down....HmMMm...to be continued.

- I really need to title the new spot. (Some of you know what I mean....)

- Aulelei Love's poetry is still amazingly healing. Check out the website if you don't know - sheflypaper.com

- Religion may be the most EXTENSIVE subject I've ever encountered.

- Black people are beautiful. Through all our downfalls and f%$%ed-up-ness, we are still the most beautiful people on this planet in my eyes.

- RateMyProfessor.com is awesome.


See ya next time! Updates will FINALLY be more frequent now because I am back at school and will once again have a computer in my face at almost all times of the day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chronicles Of The Sexy Fat Chick said...

Hey
Found ur blog while looking at another. UR whole spill about thinking the worst about ppl so u won't be let down is exactly what I do. Ppl tell me that makes me pesstimistic. I hate ppl lol, but I feel. Nice blog

7:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to use PickaProf.com and ironically they sent me an email today! But I heard they CHARGE money now!!! WTF???

Have a GREAT semester... I'm mad about the panty visual. That's outrageously disgusting. I hope you never have to encounter that again. BLECK!!!

1:02 PM

 
Blogger SOULJOURNIN... said...

Well You know I don't think you are a pessimist. I told you what you need...I know you will have a great year and you betta take yo ass to class. Don't go into the roomate issue searching for problems.

1:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home