Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Yesterday was good, but today will be better.

I'm inspired every time I hear Donny Hathaway's voice.

I'm inspired every time one of the kids at my program gives me a hug and tells me that today is going to be better than yesterday. (something I ask them everyday)

I'm inspired by Leela James' song - "Music".

I'm inspired every time I see Slim's lips, kiss him and he moans my name.

I'm inspired by people who are not afraid to care.

I'm inspired when I encounter people with gentle souls. (I wish I could be more like them.)

I'm inspired every weekday morning when I hear my kids sing Something Inside So Strong.

I'm inspired by those who love me and challenge me to give them that same love back.

I'm inspired when I think of how many people I can possibly encounter and touch in my lifetime.



I'm really trying to keep up with my blog, but I've been worn out lately. I'm still around and kicking though, so don't forget about me. I just recently caught up on my regular reads too, so I'm workin on it....

10 Comments:

Blogger Systa Soul said...

I had a special someone from last summer introduce me to Donny Hathaway (Hey, PW) and I'm so thankful he did.

The inspiration you write about here ... I'm sure you're that SAME inspiration to others.

7:20 AM

 
Blogger My-Conscience said...

I am inspired by people like you who make other aware of their doings, so that they do can some how inspire someone, somehow.

5:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the title of this post~

7:13 PM

 
Blogger Larry D. Lyons II said...

i feel you, sis.
i feel you.

7:10 AM

 
Blogger ShawnQt said...

I never really heard any of Donny Hathaway's stuff. I'm deprived I know. Just for you, I'll find some of his stuff, and see what I have been missing.

12:45 PM

 
Blogger Hyps said...

Beautiful post.

10:56 PM

 
Blogger bitchdoctrine said...

love the post...

12:06 AM

 
Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

Donny Hathaway has the most beautiful voice in the world...

6:55 AM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

Good for you Soul. *smile*

2:00 PM

 
Blogger -_- said...

I just downloaded (and finally listened to) "Someday We'll All Be Free" (I first heard Alicia Keys sing it). And "To Be Young, Gifted and Black".

Amazing.

9:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home