Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Friday, May 27, 2005

Stiletto Pumps My Ass

There is no such damn thing as comfortable heels. In fact, that shit right there is an oxymoron. Don't use it. I, too was mislead into thinking that if I only found the right high heeled shoe that they would earn the label of "comfortable". Hell naw, think again.

Like I said in my offical "comeback entry" (check one below if you missed it), I am now holding down three jobs. The first one is a summer job I had last year. It's basically a reading enrichment program for African American kids. It's a great program and I encourage everyone who has kids to enroll them. But more on that later. The second job is my first ever "real job". By real job, I mean one where you have to clock in/clock out, "having fun" is NOT officially in the job description and the higher-ups are directly related to me. So anyway, I work at a clothing store. love it, love it, LOVE IT. I get to tell people what to wear, walk around and look cute all day and basically give people my fashion advice and get paid for it. Plus I get a discount at a place where I shop anyway. So what's the problem? (Come on now, you know there had to be a catch...) Like I said, I get to walk around and look cute. There lies the trouble. Looking cute involves cute shoes. ALL of my dress shoes (except ONE PAIR) are at least 2 1/2 inch heels. I was inclined to even call a pair of 3 inch BCBGs comfortable until I wore them joints to work one day. Ya'll, I was in TEARS. A bitch had to take TWO breaks from walking to the car when I got off and I only parked a few hundred feet away. So again today I stole a pair of my auntie's shoes which are extremely comfortable under normal circumstances and thought I could get away with rocking those for four hours (which turned out to be more like 5 1/2). NOT so. I'm not in as much pain as the first time, but I'll be damned if the balls of my feet don't feel like I've been walking a wire tightrope for a few days. FUCK HEELS. I'm going shoe shopping first thing tommorow and for the FIRST time, this bitch is going to......


buy some fuckin' flats.

7 Comments:

Blogger Liza Valentino said...

can't wear flip-flops. We have to dress the "look" of the company and flip-flops are NOT allowed. Lord, how I wish they were though.

9:14 AM

 
Blogger bitchdoctrine said...

Due to my knees, any time I wear any sort of heels, I'm in pain.

Try wearing some sort of insoles or arches. Or... get dem flats like you said.

Walking endlessly for six hours on a hard ass floor will make you scream no matter what shoes you wear.

4:25 PM

 
Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. bell hooks wrote an awesome article a few years back about the pain that is called the stilleto and how they were invented by MEN...bastards...Frecnh men at that

6:09 PM

 
Blogger C.R.C. said...

Good to see ya back Aries! I totally agree with you on the heel thing. Unless they're those little kitten heels, pumps are N-O-T comfortable. Especially if you're going to be on your feet all day :)

10:36 AM

 
Blogger ShawnQt said...

Welcome back girl! I still don't understand why do women still continue to pick style over comfort? I'm glad Im a dude! lol.

5:44 PM

 
Blogger Luke Cage said...

LOL...I don't mean to laugh, but I had a post that underscored women and their heels at the work place. I may have to post that thingie again, in dedication of the Soulful one. On the flip side, welcome back luv.

10:18 PM

 
Blogger editor said...

Girl, I don't OWN any flats. But I need to. I wouldn't know where to start though.

Buy some for work purposes, but come on, ain't nothing set an outfit off like a pair of heels! And you KNOW IT!

7:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home