Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

The End of Slim and Aries. I Kid You Not.

Alright, here we go.

I don't mean to hit ya'll off with "blog-teasers" as Lawda calls them. But, I be wantin' ya'll to know I haven't dropped off the face of the planet. (How ya like dem ebonics?)

Anyways - the grass around the bush is flat so let me get to it.
WARNING: This is some of the PETTIEST shit EVER. Seriously, this situation is fucking sad and so pitiful that it wouldn't have even made my blog if me and Slim didn't fall out because of it.



Apparently on Wednesday Slim heard some gossip about me. It wasn't anything that directly pertained to our relationship or even something that would affect it in ANY way. However, his problem was that it was almost the exact opposite of what I told him. He reasoned that since this topic came up in one of our very first conversations how could he be sure that I hadn't lied about anything else? Immediately I had problems with this.

Number 1: The way he brought it to me.
Number 2: The fact that it appeared that he believed some other bitches over me.
Number 3: This shit had NOTHING to do with us and isn't that gawwdamn serious.

(This is the part where I try to transcribe our IM conversation as close to the original as I can from memory. Green= him, other color= me)

So I heard you are a liar.
OK
So you are?
I don't even know what you are talking about...
(Insert some fake ass gossip here...blahzay skip blah blah blah)
WTF? Who told you that?

This is where I tried for close to 5 minutes to get him to tell me where he heard this mess. He wouldn't give me a name which pissed me off even more. Eventually it came out that he heard it from someone who heard it from someone. Well, I figured out who the person was and I was HOT. I don't think I can convey here just HOW much I abhor people who lie about me, especially behind my back. I'll tell anyone, I would rather have someone listen to everything I have to say about a particular situation and call me a godforsaken liar to my face, than to go around saying untrue shit like it's gospel without EVER talking to me about the situation at hand. I was so damn pissed off, ya'll! Seriously, I was ready to WALK over this girl's house just to whoop her ass. I. KID. YOU. NOT. And homegirl lives at least a mile and a half away.

Anyways, I ended up speaking to her and it turns out that (as is usually the case with gossip) it was all some shit that got misconstrued. Now, I know some of you all are like "how you gon' believe that bitch, Aries? But, for real, for as much as me and her have had our minor problems in the past, we are a LOT alike. Neither of us are the type to say some shit and not own up to it. Matter of fact, the first words out of my mouth when I called her where "I have a problem. I've heard some shit is going around and I need to know where it's coming from so I can cut it short." Her first words? "I'll tell you exactly who said it. It was me. However..." Now, what's funny about this is that before I could even tell WHO I heard the information from, she said "I told that boy..." I picked up on that immediately. Remember, he played SUPER dumb when I asked him who told him the mess in the first place. If I told you all the extent of the bullshit I went through in order to make sure I had the right person, you all might tell me to audition for some scriptwriting on "Law and Order" or some shit. But I digress....me and the girl actually had an EXTREMELY civil conversation. We actually got some stuff cleared up from prior misunderstandings and we both left the conversation feeling better. Which kinda left me ALL offbalance because I expected her to come at me all wrong, especially with the lies she supposedly told. I was ready to kick some ass, for real. That's like being all hot and bothered and having your man be 200 miles away. Like....

DAMN. Now what?


You feel me?

After I got through with her I called up Slim. I ask him if he ever talked directly to the girl. He says no. I ask him if he knows her. Again, no. I ask him ONE more time if he sure that he didn't talk to her. He says she's sure. So I ask him why she IMMEDIATELY said that she told that boy instead of saying "i said", or "what I told her was...". He acted ALL stupid and I let the shit go. At this point, I'll still a little pissed and feeling like he was trying to conduct some dumb ass background checks on me that backfired on his ass. A few minutes go by without any convo and I tell him I didn't appreciate the way he brought that shit to me. He asked what I was talking about.

Umm, when you said "so I heard you were a fuckin' liar". (sidenote: as much as I use foul language in my blog, I hardly ever curse in normal convo unless I'm angry and he knows this.)
I didn't say you were a "fuckin liar".
You said I was a liar, same damn thing. Don't play Semantics with me. I don't appreciate all the beating around the bush shit. If you heard something about me that you wanna know about, just bring it to me, don't try to introduce that shit.
I did bring it to you straight up.
No you didn't. You gave it a bullshit intro with "so I heard you are a liar". That's the same shit people pull when they do "Hey, Aries! I heard somethin' about you!" You expected me to react and go "oooh really!! Whadya hear? Tell me!!" and when I didn't do that shit, you were surprised. Sidenote: I just thought of what an intro to gossip is equivalent to in my opinion. Ready? That shit is the same as doing the old ass childhood chant of "I know something you don't know...I know something you don't knnnoooww!!" That's how childish I find that.
That wasn't what I was doing.
Yes the fuck it was, that's why when I hit yo ass back with "OK", you said "so you are?" Bullshit ass intro. I'm not into playing games, if you have something to say, just say it. I hate when people do that. What did you expect me to say? I can't defend myself until I know what the hell was said, so just tell me instead of trying to ease it in with some wack ass intro.
I'll give shit an intro if I want to.
Fine. Next time you won't be getting SHIT from me then.
Fine. *click*

This muthafucka hung up on me, ya'll! I don't play that shit. That is some 7th grade "I'm gonna get the last lick" type shit. So damn immature. So the next day I changed my MSN screenname to "If You See Me, Act Like We Never Met (And this IS for YOU.)" Before, all my screennames were lil sweet things for him and he always had to ask if it was just for him. This time I made sure there was no way for him to guess who it was for.

A little harsh? Maybe. But hanging up is on the same level as putting your hand in my face and those who can remember my incident with that white girl in the club who pulled a Jamie Foxx know how well I deal with that.

I guess he took heed to the name because I haven't talked to that bastard since Wednesday. And I don't know if I have a desire to. I miss him, I'm not gonna lie. And ya'll know I have trouble deciphering whether or not I am wrong in some situations, but whether or not I pissed him off by telling him how to come to me is not the point. The point is that bitch hung up on me and NO one hangs up on me. That's some disrespectful shit. Plus, like I said, we haven't talked since Hump Day. Meaning that if he can separate himself from me that easily and over some bullshit like this, maybe we never had anything special at all.

So FUCK DAT NIGGA. It's like that for him now.

I would ask you all what you think, but I'm sure you will let me know.


As if this post wasn't long enough, since I've been slackin on replying to my comments, here ya go: (And yes, I realize this may be classified as being "ghetto" in the blog world. Kiss muh ass.)
Dayrell, I was snackin' on some pineapples right before I typed this. Best fruit God created!
LOL@ Cos - I assure you he looks nuttin like any of dem naggas!
For those that asked: Hotel Rwanda was good, however I prefer Sometimes in April. If you've seen both and like HR better, hit me up on IM and let me know why.

16 Comments:

Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

1. You handled yourself well
2. Thank you for filling in all those blanks....cuz I know I've been waiting
3. Hanging up is petty...and leaves so much unresolved
4. Games are for kids...as are tricks
5. If he's worth it...you can work through this

12:24 AM

 
Blogger What's a name without a face :) said...

I agree with Suzette 100%, that's some petty shit, and if he can't see that he's wrong in this situation...maybe he's not the one.

1:31 AM

 
Blogger Margaret said...

I've been there before...da man tries to 'bait' you into telling on yourself. Maybe the average person would have fell for it, but not I (or you).

I've had to tell more than a few to not come at me with something someone else said...I don't play that. If you want to know, just ask!

I know you said you miss him, but for me...ONE chance to disrespect me is all you get...I'll walk, and won't look back.

2:36 AM

 
Blogger C.R.C. said...

If he's separated himself from you over this, it may be a case of too much pride. I know it sounds stupid, but he might not want to admit he was wrong or he might not want to be the one to make the first move because it would imply his wrongness in the situation.

NOT that I'm defending him. I'm just saying. You definitely handled the situation correctly. Plus you confronted the liar about what her deal was. He should get his facts straight next time before he goes there.

Plus he accuses you of being a liar.....via text message??? I'm sorry, but if it's really that deep, then you should have that conversation in PERSON - or at least over the phone. NOT via text message, IM, or any other gadgets of the digital revolution. Plus he HUNG UP on you. *smh*

Oh no. uh uh.

Bottom line, he handled the situation in a very BAD and IMMATURE way and pulled a total 180 on you. Just wait it out a little longer. Hopefully he'll get it together.

(Sorry to be so long-winded)

8:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh please. Dude was trying to play a headgame with you and lost.I've read a couple of your posts and it seems that he likes to keep a lot of BS going so there's an excuse not to get any closer to you. He probably didn't think you would straight up LAW & ORDER and when the tables turned you had him siting in the hot seat he got stuck for words. Te only thing he could think of in his juvenile state was to hang up on you! *LOL*!!!
Right nwo he's probably waiting for this to wear off so you'll call him again. Trust. At 34, I've seen this plenty of times and can you believe some brothas my age actually still try this?? I'm proud of you for getting down to the source, for having a decent convo with the one who said it and for let him know that you were not going to bow down to his attempts to defame your character.Hmph! (*folding arms and smiling!*)Go 'head Aries!!!! You do YOU!!!~ Ms. Blaize

11:24 AM

 
Blogger Toya said...

i dont even know what to say...thats bogus as hell! why would he be so petty like that?

3:11 PM

 
Blogger bitchdoctrine said...

Straight up, you handled that shit well. In fact, you were really diplomatically with it under the circumstance.

Slim did you wrong. He heard some random shit, and immediately took it for the truth. He never once gave you the benefit of the doubt. When you heard simple shit like that, it's something that you should ignore and forget... not bring up in a roundabout way on MSN. That is super lame.

Girl, I don't know what you should do. Forgive and forget or lose his number? Whatever you decide when the anger subsides, I know you will make the right decision.

I really need to see Hotel Rwanda...

8:12 PM

 
Blogger Liza Valentino said...

@Suezette - Thank ya ma'am. I like that last comment because u know I was TOO through with his ass for that pettiness.

@Bitter/Sweet - I feel ya. Thanks for stopping by.

@LBoog - you always feel me, huh? You sound just like me when the shit first went down.

@Margaret - That's EXACTLY what I felt like he tried to do - bait me into telling him about me. Negro, just ASK!!

@Lawda - Yeah, that intro was shitty. And he did come a-crawlin'...but we'll let him kiss ass a little more before i decide.

@Sunnchine - You hit it on the head. Both of us are EXTREMELY full of pride and I really thought he was gonna let this shit be the end, but he swallowed that shit. Good boy. lol...I'll let you know the followup...Hmm...and I see u are like me on the tech page. All this technology is cool but some shit just requires a certain degree of intimacy that instant messenger does not provide.

@Nikki - damn homie. Straight to the point. I like that.

@Ms Blaize - Damn, negroes still be playing those games at 34? That depresses me...But you were right on point with your comment, I think his ass was suprised when I came straight attorney style on dat ass!

@Toya - Your guess is as good as mine.

@Kentesheia Lasha - I love that word - "playground". You captured that shit perfectly.

@ Star - Damn your second paragraph was right on point. That's exactly how I feel about the shit.

10:54 PM

 
Blogger Liza Valentino said...

@Edwidge - That's the thing. I really like him and, let him tell it, he likes me more. But I feel like he keeps putting me through bullshit to test me or something and I'm not up for that shit. I'm too old in spirit for all that..lol

And I feel you about HR, however I just didn't feel the sense of urgency and fear that I did in Sometimes in April. Plus, this may sound sick, but in HR it was like they downplayed the true sickness of the whole situation. The genocide was incredibly brutal and to stray away from that in the cinematic portrayal of it was kind of censoring the story for me. Think of Shindler's List. Part of the reason is was so effective in it's chillingness factor was the realness and sadness of the scenes.

Oh, and just to clarify, I did like Hotel Rwanda, I just think SIA did a better job of capturing the spirit of the genocide and making me feel the sadness of it all.

11:03 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

I don't know about that cat...to stop talking to you because you told him that the stuff he heard was wrong??? I don't get it...and it had to be something that he felt was important if he came at you all bogus in the first place...so shouldn't he be happy that whatever it is isn't true? Even if I did come at someone bogus for something I heard, if it wasn't true, I usually get over it, and then apologize...he'll call you this week...if he thinks he can.

1:35 AM

 
Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

I saw "fukk dat nigga" and got confused...lol.

I've got my finger crossed that things will work out.

4:55 AM

 
Blogger The G Perspective said...

Sucks. I was getting used to Slim too.

11:09 PM

 
Blogger YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

THAT high school "I heard" ish would've sent me to levels of high pisstivity. I'm like "Why comment or ask, since your minds already made up?". This person is SUPPOSE to know you better than anyone else....being your man and all, yet he would ENTERTAIN rumors?? Thaaaat would piss me off as well.

I guess you were suppose to take his accusation with a grain of salt. Don't he know how we do? We wanna get down to the bottom of stuff. No one can handle having their integrity or character attacked.

12:03 PM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

Hey, you did the right thing Soulful. If I got hung up on I would be tee'd as well. You got that right. VERY disrespectful that was!

Hey, and there's your answer right there...if he'd break up with you over something as petty as this...then maybe he's not all that cracked up to be after all. We always say look for early warning signs right? And hey, this might be one.

PS: Oh and good lookin' on those pineapples. Ditto.

5:19 PM

 
Blogger ShawnQt said...

FUCK THAT NIGGA, nobody messes with my aries, lol. U haven't been to my blog lately, u don't love me no more? by the way...

FUCK THAT NIGGA!

8:39 PM

 
Blogger quietstormremix said...

So...With Slim gone? Does that mean E-Class 757 is back in the picture? Considering he is under contract anyway. We haven't seen a blog about him in a minute. Can we get an update?

10:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home