Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Randomness

First off, thank you so much for all the birthday wishes!

Secondly, no I have not been in an inebriated stupor for the past 4 days, I went out of town to a conference.

I'm in a shitty mood where I don't feel like doing anything but listening to my Baduizm, laying on my bed with the window open, curling in the fetal position and taking my ass to sleep.

No, I'm not even in the mood to blog but it's no longer my birthday and I felt like that entry should be moved down a bit.

I just choked on a piece of ice. That should say something about how my day has been going.

So may I share some random thoughts? Why, thank you.

- Don't call me just to talk about yourself.
There is nothing more that I hate than people who call my gawddamn phone, using up MY damn minutes to yak about they damn selves. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not some self-centered bitch (not ALL the time, anyway) and I can be a good listener, but don't call me up on some regular old "let me tell you about my day" shit and not even give my ass a chance to say uh huh" or "then what happened?" I mean, muthafukkas call me and get diarrhea of the mouth. But that's alright, see, cuz all I do is go silent on ya'll asses. I mean, deathly silent. I may even press the mute button, just to see how long it takes yo ass to realize that I don't give a shit about you going to Denny's and ordering the GRAND SLAM. Unless that shit has a finger in it or yo eggs came back green, spare me the boring shit. Damn. So if you ever called me and I went HELLA silent on that ass, whoomp dere it is - you were boring the shit outta me.

- You really see who cares about you on your birthday.
For real. You really see who cares enough to remember the day you were brought into the world and even if they are a day or two late, who cares enough to be apologetic when they realize they forgot (or it wasn't the day they thought it was).

- Driving drunk is terrible.
And I did it twice this weekend.

- I really, really love my high school peeps.
My hawk homie can feel me on this one. I don't know what it is about us folk that once rocked the shit outta some black and gold, but almost every time I see somebody from my high school it's a good experience. Smiles all around, no matter how well we knew each other. That's some cool shit man...especially regarding how big the school's enrollment was when I got outta there. 2800 strong, and that's just in 2003.

- 20 isn't so old....yet
Give me a couple of weeks in this 20 year old skin and I'll be able to elaborate on this one.

- Slim is in.
The feelings for him are real. How do I know? While shopping for myself (and racking up, I might add....), I ventured over to the men's side of Express and bought his ass a shirt. And.....I can't wait to see him in it. Next stop: coupleville. Ugh, I'm gonna be a couple again....and I'm not hating the thought one bit.


Real update tomorrow, I promise...I gotta let ya'll know why my boycott of Denny's is alive and kickin'.

Til then....

7 Comments:

Blogger bitchdoctrine said...

WHOOO HOOOO! Slim is in! Praise be to God! hahahaha. I'm glad that you are happy with him. You know you like someone when you are shopping for yourself, and you get the urge to cop them something too! AWWWW SHUCKS! hahahaaha

About the long ass convos, I hate them too. This girl literally gave me a play-by-play about some movie, and I literally fell asleep on the phone, woke up, and the bitch was still talking and never noticed I was gone. hahahahha

7:23 AM

 
Blogger Jazz said...

Well, I hope you enjoyed your B-Day eventhough you had to go to a conference.

I so relate to you on the phone thing. Just had a friend to find out her fiance was cheating so she calls me to cry on the phone.....do you think I am being insensitive? .....what? ok, ok....i am. i'm just tired of it.

choking on ice......be careful, it can be deadly

hate to say it, but it seems i drive with a nice buzz quite a bit. i usually have drinks at a club or bar then i drive like an old person to get home

congrats on the couple status

and what's up with DENNYS

7:50 AM

 
Blogger Erica Stevens said...

Happy belated birthday! I won't be turning 20 until August which sucks because by that time all my other friends will be turning 21. Driving drunk is never good. I did it twice this weekend, too. ;)

1:07 PM

 
Blogger Liza Valentino said...

@ CBreezy, Lawda - Thank you very much ya'll. I hope it works out...You know I'll keep ya'll updated.

@ Star - LOL...I had to admit he was who I wanted when not only did I look for him but I bought him something. And not only that but I was finding plenty of shit for myself so I couldn't use the excuse that I just felt the need to buy something.

lmao@ u falling asleep...i've pulled that one a couple times too.

@ Jazz - Girl conferences are fun in college. It's the REAL professional ones that suck!

OH DAMN@ u being insensitive. I can relate though...sometimes when it's the same people saying the same shit, no matter how horrible it may be, your ears be startin to bleed and shit...i feel you

@Tweet - lmao@ shady men...I know that one!

I hope Slim likes the shirt...it's so cute and summery to me. I'll make him wear it...I just hope it fits.

@RBG - *rubbin my cheeks* damn, ma...gwon' with those hard ass grandma pinches!

And I know about the drunk driving...terrible...i know, i know...

@ Sensational Star - We can be terrible examples together.

@NeoDes - HEY lady!!! Stop all that hateration...Look at it this way - I can't get into any of the good clubs...except the ones where I know the doormen.

5:13 PM

 
Blogger C.R.C. said...

hmmmmm......

Soulful -N- Slim sitting in a tree!........

Good luck :)

8:28 AM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

Driving while drunk? Shame on you Soul! lol...

Oh and I'm pretty sure that Slim is a lucky man. True enough. Good luck with the relationship thing though ma'am. And hey, remember, you're NOT cliff-jumping, you're entering a relationship. So, it's alright to breath from time to time, lol. No, i'm kidding. But really, have fun! Be free! Live it up. Don't let the couple thing scare you. I'm trying to do the same thing actually. It's alright. You'll be just fine. Trust me. lol.

3:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy VERY belated birthday; I'm just now looking around the blogs...

I remember a conversation I had with my aunt, mother, and uncle after my birthday had passed a couple of years ago. They thought I was looking for a present, and all I wanted was a "happy birthday." I don't care if you get me anything; it's nice if you do, but it's even nicer if you care enough about me to remember something as important to me as the day I was born. That's why I memorize everyone's birthday and when it comes, I send an email or make that phone call just so they know that I was thinking about them on their day even if I couldn't afford a gift.

9:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home