Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Let's Hear It For the Girl!




Vonzell Solomon


Although X's post about the mediocrity of American Idol this season almost made me scrap this post, I decided to go ahead and do it anyway.


I'm an American Idol fan. I can't deny it. I get into it. I learn about the contestants and analyze their personalities. Tuesdays are sacred and don't dare think about messing with me during the Wednesday results show. The mishap with the numbers earlier this season? Sheeeit, you woulda thought Bush declared war in my home state of Ohio. I stomped around, cussed out folks who had nothing to do with the mistake and was in a funk until I found out whether or not my favorites were still on the show.

Season 1: Kelly Clarkson? Ehh..she was alright, but my vote was with Tamyra. What happened with her you ask? If you don't know, you won't hear it from me. This is as much as I will say: my homegirl was ROBBED.

Season 2: I picked Reuben to win it. My dad said there was no way America would pick a fat black man from the South who frequently wore jerseys. However, I knew my big bundle of dimples with his satiny voice would win it all. After all, who was the alternative? Clay Aiken? With his limp-wrist tendencies and scarecrow looks? No thanks, buddy, I'll take the "no homo" card on that one. Although Kimberley Locke is gorgeous and has a V-O-I-C-E, something about her always struck me as a tad stuck up. She had this stand-offish demeanor which she exhibited when she told Simon what the hell was up.


Season 3: Me and Fantasia was homies from the gate. I liked Jennifer Hudson as well but homegirl was a bit clueless. So while everyone else was chanting George Huff, I was rooting for the little girl with the big ass gospel voice. (yeah, gospel and ass in the same sentence, so is the contradiction that is me...) Well, we all know who won and gave us the excellent anthem "Baby Mama"! (Alright, now I love my girl, but dat last statement was ALL sarcasm...)


Well, since I've proved how much I love my AI, let's get back to the topic of this post, shall we?


Vonzell.


I swear, if I was a man, or even a gay girl, Vonzell would be like my perfect girl. (Hence the reason I wasn't born a man. I have yet to hear a guy describe Vonzell as attractive or sexy, but that's a whole nother post...matter of fact, probably tomorrow's....but I seriously digress.) She is funny, sweet as all hell and just a likeable little bundle. Plus homegirl has a bit of style, (true the cowgirl outfit was a mistake....ok ok...a disaster, but we're all human, right???) which earns any female points in my book.


But she is the reason I remain plastered to my TV on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Let Vonzell get voted off....Wait, I don't think ya'll understood the intensity of that sentence. Say it with the "I wish a nagga would!!" ferocity and you'll understand where I'm coming from. Let Vonzell get voted off...I am almost guaranteed to throw something, snap a few folks heads off and just generally get real nasty. If ya'll don't hear from me for a couple of days and the only sign of me is an ambiguous posting with the title "Fuck DAT SHIT!" and a body that says "American is full of idiots", check the AI boards, some shit has gone down, separating me from my weekly dose of my beloved Vonzell.




Real entry? About feelings and shit? Check yesterday.

Oh, and TAM, I've been working on that fly ass template you hooked me up with. However, the comment links weren't in there. I got it to where you can click and it takes you to the page for comments, but I can't figure out the link to allow actually comments. Sheeit, if any of you nerdy (and I mean that in the bestest way possible) people know a lil sumthin sumthin (oooh shiit, Maxwell, my knees just got weak for a second) about templates and links and the such, holla at cha girl on the IM or gmail.

9 Comments:

Blogger C.R.C. said...

I have to admit, I haven't been up on AI as much this season. I'm more of an ANTM / The Apprentice reality-show-addict.

But thanks for the heads up on Vonzell. If I catch it next week, I'll know who to root for! :)

7:45 AM

 
Blogger bitchdoctrine said...

OMG... VONZELL IS MY HOME SLICE! She has the bestest voice, straight goods. I was soo pissed last week when she was in the bottom three. She murked that "People" song, and that Deniece Williams song, she brought the house down.

Nadia was good for awhile, but she fell off in the last couple of weeks. However, she wasn't the worst singer or performer on AI.

That title belong to Anthony Federov. That Clay Aiken wannabe sucks ass! No attitude or emotions, he sucks the life outta every single song.

Carrie has a voice, and you can tell that Simon is trying to push her through to the finals. Not gonna happen.

Bo Bice needs to leave already. If there was a competition for Rock Idol, he'd be a shoo in. But he cannot sing. No lies, or excuses, he sucks. When I heard him mangle the word, "genre", it was time for him to go. He reminds me of bologna left in the fridge too long, and it's dried up, nasty and green looking... in plain words... SHIT!

I'm done... GO VONZELL!!!

8:14 AM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

I don't watch AI that much really, but when I do catch it Vonzell is always rocking the place out! She's bad! I hope she wins. :)

5:45 PM

 
Blogger Toya said...

i've never gotten off into watching American Idol, since it started...i tried to watch a few episodes, but the people couldnt really sing to me...i guess i'm the only black person that hasnt....

11:06 PM

 
Blogger -_- said...

Ha ha girl!! All your picks were the same with mine.
I think Kimberley Locke was robbed, and her album was NASTY. What the rass was that pop rock shit mess? I was SO MAD...I didn't even buy it. Shame on her for having the same name as me! -sniff-

Anyway I was rooting for Fantasia too, burned her album, and gagged at that ghetto "Baby Mama" song. Imagine you have di money to make an album and you put that ghetto shit on!

Anyway even though I couldn't vote (I'm here in Canada...y'all are a bunch of haters) I rooted for the Black folk. No lie. I haven't followed this year but I'll download a couple of episodes to hear Vonzell. And that brotha with the glasses was kinda cute, STILL!

9:24 AM

 
Blogger G. Cornelius said...

I like her better than Fan...Fan voice bothers me...I'll keep you posted

11:35 AM

 
Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

What's the big boy that beat his girlfriend's name...you know the one that be sweating like he running from the law stilll...you know who I'm talking bout...

9:01 PM

 
Blogger ShawnQt said...

You already know I am a AI fan... and was pissed as hell when Nikko got booted... but I did vote for Vonzell, so you can take me off your hit list now, lol. I love Vonzell, hopefully she wins, for the safety of everyone that reads your blog, lol.

6:51 PM

 
Blogger AMES said...

I too LOVE Vonzell, I can't help but smile when she sings. I think she'd be super nice to a man, they need to find her attractive. Men don't have a clue about what to look for in women. Vonzell has super personality.

I'm with you on your other picks from prior years. Fantasia was my fav because she also had major personality.

2:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home