Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Why Can't We Get Along?

This shit ain't all peaches and cream no mo.

One of the worst feelings in the world? Spilling out your feelings to someone and having them act like you just didn't say a damn thing.

The past two weekends I've been away from school. The weekend of my birthday I went to a conference and this past weekend I was in St Louis. So this past week, Slim and I may have talked a total of two or three times (not including the internet) before Sunday. Not from lack of calling on my part. His cell phone is off so I have to call him. However, I did my part and called that nigga at least 6 times over two days. So during our conversation on Sunday he lets me know that he's a little upset that apparently I'd chosen to leave rather than to try and see him. Now, mind you, this is the same nigga who went to Texas, Oklahoma, and Omaha, all without me saying a GODDAMN word. Now all of a sudden I go to a conference designed to enrich my college experience and go home for a weekend and I appear to be distancing myself from him? Someone pass me the "bullshit" card, please!

*snatches the card outta Star's (hey, she just seems like the type to have that shit ready and waiting...) hand and wave it in the air as I continue to speak*

This is what I'm saying: How in the hell am I supposed to know that he had plans to come see me? He didn't inform me until after I told him I was leaving and then he had the nerve to get an attitude! And not only that, but he was scheduled to go to Texas this past weekend and for some reason or other, shit fell through. So, not only was he late in telling me the first time, the second time I was some kinda fukkin' back-up plan! Smell shitty to anyone else?

*proceeds to shred the card to pieces and stomp on it screaming "Fuck yo card, nigga!!!"*

Please excuse the outburst...

Anyways, so after Slim tells me that I've been acting funny (distant) since my birthday, I proceed to think. Have I? Let's see....I still call his ass as often as I did before. I bought his ass a shirt from Express (that shit ain't cheap, even if it was on sale...), cut off other niggas for him, and am seriously considering making him the one and only, no strings attached. But I'm acting funny?! What da hell? Someone call a flag on the play! So he tells me that it just seems wierd that just as his feelings are getting deep, I seem to be pulling away. Excuse me, nagga? You are not the only one with feelings here! We eventually get off the phone and I tell him to check his email in the morning.

*holding my finger on the fast-forward button until approximately 20 minutes ago*

So I ask him if he got my email and he says "yeah". Ok...15 minutes of conversation pass and I say "thanks for emailing me back." (Sarcasm in FULL effect). He then had the nerve to tell me that if he would have emailed me back it would have been some "angry" reply. Hold up.....


WHAT DA FUKK IS GOING ON HERE?

Let me think...in my email I apologized (something I almost NEVER do) if he thought I had been acting distant and promised that wasn't my intention, told him I missed him and couldn't wait to see him and made a wish that we can get things back to being right between us. What in there could have possibly garnered an angry rise?

He tells me that although his heart was feeling what I was saying, something in his mind was saying "this is bullshit." I ask what exactly was bullshit about it? He says he doesn't exactly know because that's not what he felt about it but rather something in his mind that told him that. What exactly does that mean? Does this negro have split personalities? I know that sometimes the heart does battle with the mind, but dammit, there wasn't a THING in there for you to be in debate with yo damn self over.

So me and myself had a conversation and we concurred:

OK, you know what? FUCK IT. That stupid ass comment from him deaded the fuckin conversation. See if he receives another muthafuckin call from me THIS WEEK. He betta find a way to correct this shit because I'm through playing Captain-Save-A-Brand-New-Relationship. I ain't made for this shit. All this mess shouldn't even be coming into play in the first three months anyway. That nagga just don't know, if he keeps fuckin around he'll find himself outta rotation quicker than P. Diddy's den mother Jason. Buh-lee Dat.



*Footnote: If this muthafucka does the right thing and gets his shit together enough to null that stupid shit he said, disregard this entry as some angry black woman shit (just this ONCE). But, if by chance his ass stays fuckin up and you don't see his name in the future and find yourself asking "what had happened to dat Slim boy?", refer to this post, along with prior mentions of my low tolerance for bullshit and draw your own conclusion. That is all*

9 Comments:

Blogger Liza Valentino said...

Well, I'll be damned. Shante was right...that shit does work!

Sidenote: That don't mean I'm gonna stop being pissed off.

12:16 PM

 
Blogger bitchdoctrine said...

Yeah, I co-sign with everyone, especially nikki.

Slim was playin hard to get, and then when you sign the draft pick, he wants to be MIA and all type of BS. (snatches card back from S.Aries)

Seriously, I know how you are feeling. You done put yourself out there, and now it seems like he doesn't appreciate it. Give it some time, and if Slim dont straighten out fast, then you got to do something about it.

5:21 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

WOOOOOOOOO and i thought I wrote some flaming posts!! i say cot dayum sista! LOL.

i feel you. there is no reason in the world new relationships need to be melodramatic.

8:34 PM

 
Blogger VAR said...

Hey Soufularies...

I'm a newcomer to your blog but I have to say I love your straight-up honesty. Slim aint right for putting you through any sort of trials and tribulations over nothing but his own confusion. He's wasting time and moments, especially when you're blessed with a lady in your life, should not be wasted. Stay true to you..
WarmBlessings,
Anthony *

3:01 AM

 
Blogger Luke Cage said...

That was a pretty incendiary post luv. And you know what? As I read it, I agreed with Nikki. It definitely was a transference of anger thing going on. But I liked your footnote.

There's still time for ol' boy to do the right thing and institute some damage control. Sometimes in the heat of the moment, involuntary anger comes out and we unleash the beast. (not calling you that dear, just saying). Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day for ya. Be good...

11:48 AM

 
Blogger Liza Valentino said...

@ Linds, Lawda - I don't know yall. It's crazy for him to admit something like that and then act all crazy...guys are a special breed.

@ Star - lol@ u snatchin the card. Hol' on pimpin! You gotta do yo snatchin on your own blog! Anyways, u besta believe I will correct this shit!

@Cos - LOL...was I that bad? What can I say? The anger was EXTRA fresh.

@Var - *waving* Hey! Damn, I feel good after reading your comment. Thank you and come again. For real, you're an ego booster. lol

@Kentesheia - Damn, you are worse than me! Believe that if he doesn't act right in a second, his ass will regret it.

@Luke Cage - Thank you, brother. And I hope he does correct his shit. He's tried so far, but we shall really see on Thursday when I actually see him...

1:46 PM

 
Blogger C.R.C. said...

I agree with Nikki on that as well. That nucca sounds like he's really cha-rippin right now.

Hopefully he'll get his act together. I've been in that situation before and when mofos act like that, NONCHALANT-ED-NESS and INDIFFERENCE comes right on out. Not a good habit, but very true.

Handle your business. It really sounds there might be a different issue going on with him and he's using this bull as some excuse to skirt whatever's really bothering him.

4:43 PM

 
Blogger Bullet Proof Diva said...

now see? that Donnell Jones, don't know "Where I wanna be" mess gets OLD! im sayin tho..why da hell can't folks just come out and say what they want or at the very least, say, I don't know. I can't stand that limbo mess, it is annoying, grr! You know he can only do this for so long before you run out of patience..so be prepared to see him try and prolong it as much as possible. My guess is, he wants MORE reassurance from you.

9:04 PM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

*Awwwwww man* No he didn't rumble that randomness....that brutha sounds like a VERY confused soul. LOL! Man, like you, I can't even decifer his answers to your questions either? LOL. I think you should let him know he is being unfair (note: i'm just taking notes from his trips taken in comparison to yours) by calling you distant...then he'll learn his lesson. Jeeze, I hope Slim wisens up soon.

3:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home