Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Tommorrow I will cry ~ Yazarah

*I'm leaving for Tenn. in the morning and I will be gone for a week. Trust me when I say I will have NO access to the internet. So therefore I may resort to making a few audio entries via that nifty invention called the cell phone. That is all. You may now carry on to your regulary scheduled blog entry.*


Why does it feel like every time I make a move in what I feel is the right direction, I get my ass knocked back?

I guess certain things do come right on time.

I'm really big on quotes. Always have been. In high school, when my friends and I would write letters back and forth, I used to always put things like "Real eyes realize lies" or "Wherever you go, there you are" at the end. Just things to make them think. A few days ago I was at my girl's house and she had an old ass letter from me sitting out. I read it and at the end, after my signature, I wrote the words "Quelque chose beau attend...". For the life of me I cannot remember where I got that from, but it's supposed to translate to "Something beautiful awaits." I loved the thought that "after the rain, there is sunshine" and all those other good sayings that lead you to believe that all suffering, hurt and pain is not in vain. Where I'm going with this, I really don't know. Except to say this - tomorrow Slim is leaving for the summer. I thought it wouldn't bother me as much as it is. I don't think I'm built for the long-distance thing. I've done it once and I promised myself I would never do it again. Plus, our relationship is so new that I don't know if it can withstand tons of distance before we've had a real chance to solidify our respective places in each other's hearts. I'm confused, I'm upset and I miss him already.



Dammit.


Quelque chose beau attend....(hopefully)

7 Comments:

Blogger Luke Cage said...

A well timed quote always hits the spot Miss Soulful. Here's a lil something for you as you take your trip and break from the Digital World. "For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."

When my wife and I were dating, she lived in Va and I lived in NYC. Whenever we visited eachother it was grand, and once the other returned home, the first few days were the toughest. And after awhile, I still continued to miss her, but the absence I found out drew us much closer with just enough steam to carry us to the next visit. We did that for 4 years.

Now, watch how fast that time goes by. It won't feel like it now, but you'll look back at this time and say, damn Slim. Remember when? You'll see. Have a safe trip dear. Cya soon.

4:27 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

awww baby girl :( well while he's here "carpe diem."

9:29 PM

 
Blogger C.R.C. said...

As you know - and like Luke and Nikki - I've been in a long distance relationship for the past 2 years. It's definitely trying at times, but like Nikki said, we're both fighting for it.

But when I look at your situation, trust me, it will be OKAY. Phareal is home for the summer so I get to have him here for these three or four months, but NINE months out of the year - my man is in Philadelphia and I'm in Chicago.

You and slim will only be apart for the summer - and there's always that time when you get to visi (which will be GREAT). But come August, you'll both be back in the same vicinity.

Even though he may not be there physically this summer, he'll still be there. Hopefully that made sense. Good luck to you both. I have no worries that it'll work out :)

10:33 AM

 
Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

I tried a long distance relationship and then he tried me...I was 19 and he was 20...so what do you expect right...long distance relationships take a lot of maturity, honesty, and loyalty...you also have to have trust...

9:50 PM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

Hi Aries...

Well girl, I'll go ahead and give my 2 cents on this. lol. It's okay to feel the way you do, b/c long distance relationships aren't for everybody ya know? I, myself, am not really a fan of them, however, I commend anyone who is able to substain a successful one. But all things happen for a reason, so hey, if you think you can handle it...then, follow thru with it girl. but on thing you shouldn't do is stress yourself out when you don't have to...b/c if it works, it works, if it doesn't, then it doesn't. =))...

2:05 PM

 
Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

Hurry back Ma

6:10 PM

 
Blogger Jez Chill said...

Don't mean to be a pessimist (but it's my nature), but Long Distance Relationships really do suck! But it's only a short while. So if it's meant to be, it will be.

10:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home