Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

General Classroom Building no longer....

I've had a few proud moments in my life, but something happens to me everytime I think about this:

http://atmizzou.missouri.edu/aug07/Stickland.htm

The fact that within the last few months, I've lost two excellent black leadership mentors, pioneers on the campus where I spent my last two college years is a hurtful reminder that we're not here forever.

How many of us get to do something, be a part of something that actually MATTERS?

The first.

It's the FIRST building on a 168 year old university to be named after an African American.

A BLACK MAN.

The FIRST. A choice word that implicates more to come.

And I can say I was a part of that.

Accomplished isn't the word.

I imagine this is what the term labor of love exists for.

I'm overwhelmed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All right thats my girl!!! Kepp making history!

6:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home