Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Sunday, December 05, 2004

You Are Never Broke, You Have Your Mind and Spirit and You Can Be Rich There No Matter What

My girl Alicia Keys was wrong as hell when she said that. It sounds good, but when you are broke in all three areas - mind, spirit and pockets...what is left? So i just came back from shopping - something that usually improves my mood, but this episode only left me feeling worse. I thought I spoke on this in this blog, but perhaps it was in my LiveJournal, but either way, I think I have SAD. That damn seasonal disorder that makes you depressed when winter comes around. I'm always depressed around this time while everyone else runs around so jolly and full of Christmas spirit. But I digress...I've been looking for a trench coat for the longest so today I found one on clearance...down from 160 to about 50 dollars. So I snatch it up but I'm still not happy. WHY??? Have I lost my superficial, satisified by material things, get high off of the scent of new shoes self? I hope not, I liked her. I think it is truly because I have been so sad lately, my mind is aching from school, my spirit longs to be at my home with my family and people whom I love and dammit my pockets are thinner than those kids on the "34 cents a day" infomercials. DAMMIT....I HATE this time of year!!!! I'm off to walk around in my new coat and try to cheer up...

1 Comments:

Blogger SOULJOURNIN... said...

I'm gonna make u cheery!!!!!!!!!!

8:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home