Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Warm As the Sun Dipped In Black

Sometimes I watch him in his sleep.

I love the way his chest rises and falls. I like placing my ear over his heart and trying to match my breathing to his to see if I can make our heartbeats match. I like thinking of him while he lays next to me and has no idea what's in my head. I like kissing him on the cheek and taking his arm and placing it around me. I like the way he automatically adjusts and holds me tighter. I like the way sometimes when I think he's sleep, he'll lean over and kiss my head. I like how safe I feel with him sleeping next to me. I like the way he lets me hog the covers. He is beautiful in his alert state but absolutely exquisite in slumber. Sometimes I watch him in his sleep...and I think he knows it.

Thank you for showing me that tenderness can exist within a strong man. Thank you for showing me that there are men out there who are not intimidated by an intelligent woman. Thank you for respecting me first. I appreciate the way you don't hold my flaws against me. I thank you for letting me move at my speed. And I thank you for sometimes giving me that kick in the ass I need to see things more clearly. I thank you for allowing me to be myself when in your presence, and for you doing the same with me. I thank you for showing me patience and I promise that one day you will reap what you have been sowing for so long. You are appreciated.

6 Comments:

Blogger SOULJOURNIN... said...

Now you know I loved that!!!!!!!!! I want to feel like that where can I find one!

6:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes i know it. i appreciate everything you do for me. you are so important in my life right now and thats for real. just dont make me wait too long but im here. why arent all your posts like this? just playin.
young

1:13 AM

 
Blogger Shana said...

How heart-felt and beautiful. . . everyone should experience feelings such as these at least once in their lifetime.

11:43 AM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

Awww! That was sooooooo lovely! Wow!

:)

4:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post...Like the spot...I'll keep you posted

1:28 AM

 
Blogger Meka said...

We are on the same page today. I just wrote a similar post. This one was beautiful.

1:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home