Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Friday, January 07, 2005

To My Beautiful Surprises...

I have to say thanks. I took a good look into my life today and I am truly blessed. I have some of the most beautiful people in my life right now. Just a great support system. It's taken a lot of work, I've been through a lot. I've had to eliminate a lot of people from my life this past year because they caused me pain or drama or just because I couldn't see what their presence brought to my life. I've been thinking a lot these past few weeks about people and purpose. If I look in my life there are some people who have just been constant figures, but haven't had an influence one way or the other. Then there are some people who have just busted their way in my life and have had tremendous effect whether it be positive or negative. The negative people are actually easier for me to deal with because I can give them the peace sign with the itchy trigger finger (try it) and be done with it. But these people that come in my life and just show themselves to be beautiful spirits I have trouble dealing with. I'm of the mental that if it feels right too soon it's wrong. And even though recent events have proven my theory to be shit, it's still hard to completely let go because it's brought me this far. Everybody says it and I'll say it here - "I'm not perfect". But I really am trying to fix my flaws that hinder me from being able to give you back what you all have given me. I'm a work in progress and I take time out of every day to slightly alter my blueprint of who I want to become. I just hope that when that day comes, I still have these gorgeous souls around to show how much I appreciate them.

Since it's 4 in the am and "there's nothing new under the sun", I'll let someone else say it for me...

Just when I was losing my faith
And I was losing my way
You came to me
Clear as day

Even if
I wake up
and find I'm alone
'Cause the whole world's turned to stone
And my God says
"It's time I take you home"
I'll be happy going
knowing that

I loved you


One day, one day, I will find the words, the actions, the melody, the harmony, the perfect way to show you how much I appreciate your presence in my life. Until then....

Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home