Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Monday, January 31, 2005

Ya Pissin Me Off

Random things that irritate me:

- Smokers outside of my major building and every other building on campus
If you want to smoke, fine. Don't stand your ass 3 feet from the door and pollute everyone's lungs who walks by...

- White dress shoes after Labor Day.
I cannot STAND this!! Put that shit away. You get a chance to wear white from Easter to Labor Day. After that, put that shit away! It looks incredibly tacky for you to walk outside when there is 2 feet of snow on the ground and your shoes blend it. If I was somewhere that didn't have such noticable seasons I might not care. But this is the Midwest, invest in some dark shoes.

- White people who are surprised that I know (and live with) both of my parents.
Yes, it is possible for Black people to love each other and stay together. And there is NOTHING more beautiful than Black love.

-When people who learn my major automatically assume they know my career goals.
Them: Hey, what's your major?
Me: English.
Them: Cool, so you're going to teach, right?
Me: GrRrrRr!!!

- Downloads with screams in the background.
Downloading is wrong... Kiss my ass. I have over 250 CDs, I'm an avid supporter of the music industry. But I'll be damned if I buy an entire CD just for the one "Shake Dat Ass Hoe" track that I like to hear on my way to the club. So I spend a few days looking for it online. Finally I find it. As the bar nears 100%, I get excited and start dancing to the song in my head. About 40 seconds in the track I hear Exclusiiiiive!!!! You ain't NEVER heard this before! Neeeeew Track from (insert artist name here)!!! Fuckin' up my groove...Plus when you want to stunt at a red light (don't act like I'm the only negro that turns the music up at a light on the way to the club), you just look silly when the DJ is screaming in the back.

- When folks say they don't read
WTF?? Without hitting you with the "people died so that we could read" reasoning, why the fuck don't you read? How in the hell do you obtain information? You do understand that TV does not tell the entire truth, right? And that sometimes they neglect to mention the story at all? So why the hell don't you pick up something and read it???!!

- Folks who ALWAYS second guess you
Ya'll know these people. The ones who you tell it's snowing outside and although it's mid-January and -20 degrees outside, they say "You lyin!! No, I'm not, why the hell would I lie about something so mundane. I don't know if that's a habit or what, but take that bullshit back where you got it from, it's irritating.

- Folks who pull, pat or plain ole touch my hair
Stop! Stop! Stop! Yes, I know my hair is big, soft and fluffy. It may remind you of a slice of heaven. Do not fuckin touch! Contrary to popular belief, my hair CAN get out of place and when you "pat" the fro like you've seen in videos, it doesn't shape it, it smashes my shit. Hands off!

- Clocks
It seems no matter what clock I set my watch to, it will ALWAYS be 5 minutes late by another clock. Fuck time. The shit starts when I get there.

- Mittens
I see no reason anyone past the age of 6 should be wearing mittens. Them shits are uncomfortable and just plain silly looking.





Something that doesn't bother me: Folks I love being blessed to see another birthday HAPPY BIRTHDAY MA!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Ola said...

just came across your postings. I liked what you had to say about - 'When folks say they don't read'. lol WTF is right! Being a big reader myself i just end up losing interest in the person if they drop that line. Glad to know i'm not the only one annoyed by this ^_^.

1:52 PM

 
Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

Girl so I'm so feeling you on the shouting in the background...Trick Daddy use to be good for that...some dude's voice comes on in the middle of the track talking bout some "Slip-n-Slide Naggas Don't Play...Nagga What...Nagga What"...lol

Also feeling you on the smokers thing...ok yes I smoke cloves occasionally, but I don't punish anyone with the smell and anyway cigarette smoke makes my head hurt.

2:53 PM

 
Blogger C.R.C. said...

- Downloads with screams in the background. YESSSS!
I HATE that! "YEAH...(yeah....yeah) NEW FOR 2005 (5....5...5.) WE IN THA BUILDING (building...building.......) grrrrrr. Can't stand that!

I agree with everything you said......except one...

*peeking around the corner*
I have a pair of mittens....
What's that? What'd you say Chevonne?
I say - I WEAR MITTENS! They're those "Thinsulated" ones and are the warmest things I've ever come across for my hands!


*sigh* I know, I know
*hanging head in shame as I walk out*

3:41 PM

 
Blogger LB said...

LMAO @ "Fuck time. The shit starts when I get there." I have adopted it and will use it this week.

I have to add:

If I see another 12 yr old in a tube top, I'm gonna lose my got-dayum mind. I just want to slap her and her saggy-breast momma.

People that spit in public. As soon as I hear that sound, like they're about to hock out a serious lougie, I'm like damn, that shyt is nasty!!!

5:58 PM

 
Blogger Shana said...

I agree with all this. . . especially the one about reading and white people. . .

7:00 PM

 
Blogger Liza Valentino said...

@ 2ra - Well thanks for stopping by. And yeah "i don't read" is an INSTANT turn-off!

@ Suezette - LMAO@ Slip-N-Slide. Thanks for keeping your smoke to yourself...I appreciate that. I can't stand folks who hold the door open with one foot and I have to go through all toxic fumes to get to class..lol

@ Chevonne - LMAO@ "we in the building" and those echos!! That's exactly how that mess sounds...
And it's ok...I forgive you for the mittens...they just aren't for me, but I'm sure they look "good on you" (a la Bruce Bruce)

@ Diggs - lol, I'mma be adopted quite a few of your lines, I'm sure. So feel free to steal...but if by some chance that shit turns into a profitable coin phrase...let a bitch get 55%!!! I'm agreeing with your additions too! I can't stand folks that spit in public...lougies resting all proper on flower petals and sidewalks...eewwww

@ Shana - You know your many lists inspired me to make one of my own!

10:12 PM

 
Blogger bitchdoctrine said...

hahahahahhaha. I love your observations! I hate when you downloaded a song, and you play it and it has feedback in the middle of it. Those blasted shoutouts get on my last nerve too, especially by DJ Clue. Can Wayne Brady choke that bitch?

And I feel you on the weather.. really. Toronto is cold like a mofo. Mittens can be cute... if you have like a matching hat and scarf. As long as you don't have those "dummy mittens". You know. When you were six and your mom tied a string through them so they wouldn't get lost? hahahahhaha.

If hands go near the hair, they are also subject to amputation. Those are the rules.

You are majoring in English? You lyin'!! lol =) That seems like a lot of reading... which is good. But do you get irritated with the selected books you have to read?

OK.. i'm done. I damn near wrote my own blog... my bad. hahahahaha.

10:30 PM

 
Blogger The G Perspective said...

I know what you mean. I'm an English major too. Usually I just tell people yeah because I actually will probably end up teaching. When you tell them you want to be a writer than they start getting interested and asking more questions you don't want to answer. By the way add that one to my list...

People trying to find out about your life when you aren't interested in them enough to want them to know.

But now I'm curious. What do you want to do?

12:13 AM

 
Blogger G. Cornelius said...

"Smokers outside of my major building and every other building on campus"

What kills me is when it is 20 below...And they are ouit there chiefing hard...I'll keep you posted

12:46 AM

 
Blogger Toya said...

i HATE cigarret smoke! it's SO gross! people do the same thing on my campus...ooooohh and i hate that too on the songs when i use to download (i dont have the net at home anymore)! *DJ Clueee Clueee Clueee, Desert Stormm Stormm Stormmm* i be wanting to say "shut that mess up!"

8:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home