Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

MegaMix

(that title sounds like this entry will really be about something, doesn't it? Eh eh....it won't. Read on....)

What will Black people do when Johnnie Cochran dies? Think about it. That will be a sad day in Black history. Here are a few scenarios (Edit: I got tired so there's only one) to help you picture the impact that loss would have.


Terrell and Shaun, two NBA players, are sitting around, chilling in a plush hotel room.

Terrell: *puff puff* *LOOONG inhale* Shiiiet, dawg. Here, gon' head and hit that! This is some prime shit!
Shaun: Naw, I'm cool, cuz.
Terell: Nigga, gon' head and hit that! I got the wet, rolled up towel by tha door, ain't nobody gon be bustin in here!
Shaun: I said, I'm cool, cuz.
Terrell: What the fuck is wrong with you, mayun? Yo ass don't smoke no mo' now? Well, fuck all that bullshit, I'm 'bout to call up Rachel and Monica. Remember dem? The redhead and the blonde that was outside after the game? *starts to dial the number from a small piece of paper*
Shaun: I think I'm just gonna go on home to wifey, man. *starts to get up*
Terrell: For real? You was the one talkin' about how fine these broads were...now you tryin' ta dip? Mayun, what the fuck is wrong with you? You aint never been the type to pass up no free pussy. Fuck is da deal??!!
Shaun: JOHNNIE'S DEAD, NIGGA!! That's what the fuck the deal is!! I can't be doin that shit no mo'!! Suppose we up and get caught or some shit? Them hoes wanna scream some Kobe type shit on us? Who the fuck is gon be there to get my black ass out that mess?? Naw man...them days is long gone. Fuck the bullshit... *grabs his coat and walks out*
Terrell: *looks around, takes one more hit of the blunt, then walks to the bathroom and flushes the rest. He walks over to the window, opens it and begins to fan the air out into the night sky*
Shiiiet, that nigga got a point...
*grabs a hotel towel and quickly dusts his fingerprints off the lighter, the "stash" box and the phone*
That nigga is right!! My ass is trippin! Johnnie ain't here no mo'!! Let me get my ass up outta here!!!


LOL...Negros would be trippin!! NBA stars would be with their wives, weed stock among the rich and famous would plummet and Negros might have to make a "Fuck The Police Part 2" featuring P.Diddy, Ja Rule and Michael Jackson, because of all the shit that would go down. That would be a sad day, I tell ya.

_____________________________


I LOVE this John Mayer song "Daughters."

I've done all that I can
to stand on the steps with my heart in my hands
but I started to see
Maybe it's got nothing to do with me


Fathers be good to your daughters
Daughters will love like you do


If those aren't some true lyrics! I have so many friends that attribute their problems with men to their problems with their fathers. And that's not to say that every girl whose daddy is not "perfect" will be a failure in love. But Dad is the first example you have as a young woman of what a man should be. And when you have a good one (like me), you are that much more prepared to know what a man should act like.

_______________________________________


Am I the only one who sees that "Candy Shop" is nothing but "Magic Stick Part II"? It's even got a similar melody. Go ahead, sing the Magic Stick chorus instead of the Candy Shop chorus next time it's on.

That doesn't stop me from singing it tho!! And I LOVE Olivia at the end of the video. Either she is a straight homegirl for real or she has a little acting in her blood.

________________________________________


Anybody seen the movie "Strictly Business"? The old school one with Tommy Davidson and Halle Berry? Is it just me, or does Wayman look like AJ from 106 & Park? Just a thought...

____________________________________


I got my hair twisted up again in two strands. This takes HOURS....This time someone new did my hair. She was the sister of the lady that normally does my braids. After we sat and talked as she was doing my hair, she busted out with: "You're an Aries." Just like that. For real. She stated it all matter-of-factly, no question in her voice AT ALL. Now, contrary to the screenname, I'm not all that into zodiac shit. I know my sign's traits and I know that they fit me quite well, but for someone to be able to assess me like that after only knowing me for a few hours was bananas.

____________________________________


I NEVER want to hear people say there are no ugly babies in the world. I'm looking at this little boy on Soul Food, and I KNOW in my spirit that he had to be an ugly baby. His hairline starts in the middle of his fuckin' forehead. I'm sorry, but that aggravates me. Don't be frownin' up talking 'bout: "Damn, Aries, you mean...." Ugly babies/kids grow up to be ugly adults, and no one has a problem talking about them do they? Well den, let's move on....

______________________________________


Isn't it amazing the lies people will tell when given the chance? For real, ask someone you think to be a liar a question that is open ended. Make sure you already know the answer. Hell, they can even know that you know. It's all in the delivery. Furrow your brow, blink a few times and look real inquisitive as you ask it. Watch them spew out the most unbelievable bullshit. It's really quite funny.

____________________________________


OK, here it is time for your participation.

Topic: Exactly how important is perception? We had a very long conversation in my Student Union today about whether or not it's really important to have people percieve you to be the person you really are. I was on the side that argued that it is important to a certain extent. That is basically your reputation. And if you have a terrible rep, that shit can follow you fo' life!! (Sorry, Ice Cube moment there...) We were trying to basically trying to convince this guy to be subtle but do some damage control and let people know that he was not who they think he is.
However, he brought up some ignant (yes, igNANT) ass points in the convo. Among them:

- He doesn't care if everyone thinks that he only likes white girls
Well damn, bruh. I'm guessing you came to school to get a degree, which means you plan on being here for an average of 4 years. He's a good-looking guy, so I know he could be getting bookoo (thanks brutha-free, for resurrecting that word) ass if he wanted. Hell, he could get it from me on the right day with a little better attitude and a small amount of cocoa butter spread on his extremely chisled chest and abs. But, wait...I digress...
So in these 4 years, he will want some ass. If all the SISTAS think that all you want is white girls and after 2 years you finally get tired of jacking off and decided to holla at one of us, do you think we will want you? Hell naw, you look like the fuckin Wesley Snipes of the University! So he will either be stuck with white girls or put a hospital glove on that hand and get a brand new feeling.

- No one his age can teach him anything
WTF? This is where I jumped in. "Don't you know it's possible for someone to be the same age as you and have a lot more experience than you in at least one aspect of life?" Hell, that is like saying a 23 year old ho, who has been fuckin and suckin since before God said "let there be light" can't teach a 23 year old virgin how to put a vaccum grip on a nigga's light saber. (haha...i said light saber!!...)Come on now...

- He doesn't need to speak to anyone
How the fuck does this dude expect to get ahead in life if he isn't at least cordial towards people? The more I think about him, the more idiotic he looks. And it's sad because he is a smart guy. He's just socially retarded.

Anyways, back to the question: How important is others perception of you?

According to my impersonator (look directly below, a bitch is too tired to link), I walk around like my shit don't stink. After I told that to my boy and we talked about snobs, he told me it's not that my shit doesn't stink, it's that my shit stinks the BEST. LMAO...

13 Comments:

Blogger G. Cornelius said...

John Mayer...Biggest fan...I'm trying to collect all his old stuff now...I'lll keep you posted

3:48 AM

 
Blogger bitchdoctrine said...

That's why dude won Record of the Year, his lyrics are realistic and profound. (i'm trying to step my writing game up...lol) If Johnnie died, you wouldn't be seeing your favourite rapper in the newspaper or out on bail no more. Either they would be model citizens, or spend time doing an eight year bid upstate. Perception can be what you perceive the word to be. People's perception on reality can be fucked up sometimes, which explains the crazy shit people do. (re: Houstan poking his eye out) No matter how much we deny it, we need other's approval. With approval from others, we can learn to be confident and independant. Does all this psych-mumbo-jumbo make sense? I think it all starts with how you feel about yourself though. If you don't respect yourself, how can you expect others to respect you? I'm done like the NHL season...

10:23 AM

 
Blogger Jazz said...

Ditto. John Mayer is cool...even though he sounds alot like Dave Matthews.

11:50 AM

 
Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

Perception smerception

12:40 PM

 
Blogger C.R.C. said...

ROFLMAO! You are a certified MESS for that Johnny Cochran skit, lol.

John Mayer - I'm diggin him too. I need to get his album.

1:21 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL!!! This is some funny shit, Analog!!!
girl, i need you to come over to my blog and kick the jams out!!
Thanks for the insight and the fun!

bodhi
http://groups.msn.com/Region16

^ this be what i be about ;^b

1:50 PM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:51 PM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

LOL @ the girl in the salon blurting out "ARIES"! You know the same thing happened to me at work the other day. I met this girl, whom I did not know b/f, and we talked and automatically clicked. So after talking to homegirl for about an hour or so, she just suddenly says out of the blue (and honestly it kinda scared the heck outta me at first), "Girl, you're a Leo, huhhh?!". Maaan! You talkin' 'bout somebody who was shocked!...lol...my eyes widened and I said..."Yea, how'd you know?!"...(at the same time thinking in my mind...dang this chic sure is loco, lol!). Girl I tell ya, that was some weird ish...LOL! Something I've never experienced b/f...lol.

Well, how important is perception you say?? I think it depends. I feel kinda 50/50 about it personally. Well see...when it comes to me wanting to make a good impression (for example: maybe if I'm interviewing for a new job/or for acceptance into grad school) then yes, it is very important on how I am perceived. And yes I do care about perception. B/c I'm trying to accomplish opportunities...opportunities that will help me to succeed in reaching "my" goals in life. However, on the other hand, if there are people in the background of me, constantly feeding me negative energy b/c they may have some type of jealousy, or judgmental-slash-"hateration" issues with me (and not because of anything I did as a person, but b/c of their own personal insecurities) ...then heck no!...I don't care about how they perceive me. Especially if they don't know me personally...I REALLY don't care!

Reason being, I think this is the reason why a lot of people doubt themselves and end up doing poorly in their lives b/c they feed only off the negative energy of others. They start to actually believe the "she/he can't do this/that", become discouraged, and lose their focus. But if one blocks out all negative perception from outsiders and not care about how people think of them...I think they can go further in life then one who "does" acknowledge it. But wait a minute, then when you look at "negative perception" in a different manner, perhaps sometimes it is often a good thing in a way...ya think? B/c one can turn it into a motivation factor for them and use that new motivation to do well in life. Awww well, I guess you can take this topic in many directions Aries.

PS: Well, as far as the guy you described in your post...I think he's talking that gibberish...literally...lol.

:)

5:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The problem with people's perception of ourselves is that its culturaly/politicaly/socially and economically relative.

As an example:

I have dreads.

Dreads can mean a lot of different things to different people. Ranging from positive to negative.

If I was constantly thinking about how others perceive me I would have to try and understand what each and every person I interacted with thought of a woman with locks. It would be impossible.

Instead I make sure that I live my life and carry myself in a way that does not compromise my intergrity. I rely on my own definition of integrity and leave it at that.

10:30 AM

 
Blogger The G Perspective said...

I usualy don't even bother talking to people who think they know everything about how to improve themselves. If people don't want to listen, fuck em. Let them learn the hard way.

9:27 PM

 
Blogger Toya said...

LMAO@the Johnnie Cochran skit...FUNNY!

4:37 PM

 
Blogger LB said...

Dude, I'm sooooooooooooooo LATE...my bad. Anyways, Johnny is black history...it would be a sad day..a sad sad day. I'm mad that u sat at your comp and thought up that shyt, LOL.

7:17 PM

 
Blogger Liza Valentino said...

@ brutha - I hear you. The most important person that needs to know who you are is YOU but sometimes there is the one person you need to percieve you in a certain way. Example - your boss to percieve you to be a hardworker.

@ nikki - Me too! It's so beautiful and simple.

@ star - yeah you made sense, mama. I hear ya.

@ jazz - yeah he does sound like dave. Have you heard Jack Johnson? He's getting bigger now, but I was first introduced to him about 3 years ago. Check him out.

@ Suezette - you are a MESS. Did you stick ur middle finger up when you wrote that? LOL

@ Chevonne - Gimme my certificate den! Shoooot....you know folks would be trippin with Johnnie gone!

@ Solitaire - they would probably hunt for his clone. But can't nobody rhyme like Johnnie!

@ Miss Rei - Yeah he is ignorant. Just socially retarded like I said. Poor thing...

@ Dayrell - I might have to check out some info about Leos...I don't know how ya'll act.

Thanks for those views on perception. I agree with you. And yes, there are SO many ways to approach it from.

@ Mama Junkyard - I hear you, lady! How long u been growing dem dere locs?

@ Gian - I feel you. I'm the same way. He was just different because he was laughing the whole time like he really didn't take himself too seriously. I think it's a maturity issue.

@ Rydah - Thanks for stopping by!!

@ Toya - 'Preciate it.

@ Diggs - Now you know I aint think of this at the comp. It was a salon conversation. Folks was talking about NBA stars, it got around to always "callin Johnnie" and that's when I blurted out "what will we do when Johnnie dies?" I came up with the NBA scenario...this one dude said that Negros would be selling fake BAR association certificates so that ANYONE could practice law. Regular ol' salon coversation, you know the deal!

9:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home