Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Things Around Me Right Now

that I like...

Songs


1)"Turn Da Lights Off" - Tweet
Tweet is my peeps. Her first CD was the truth. If you haven't checked that out, you need to hurry and do that. The singles that were released were in NO way representative of her album as a whole. Matter of fact, when you hear the whole album, those couple of singles stuck out like WTF? This song is hot, minus the long ass intro and Missy's rap. I'm just glad Tweet is back.

2) "Rich Girl" - Gwen Stefani and Eve


I used to be a No Doubt fan. Everybody always knew Gwen would go solo one day. This song is hot, straight dance floor material and Eve is in top form with the rhyme.



3) "Daily Bread" - Martin Luther
This video comes on all the time on Video Soul. Every time I saw it, I hit the "channel" button. Finally, one day I caught it at the beginning and said "hey, isn't that my girl Nona Gaye? Indeed it was and the song is nice. Serious groove and a feel good track.

Scents


4) Venezia by Adrianne Vittadini.


I love this stuff. It smells so girly. Plus it is fairly cheap for perfume.







5) Black by Kenneth Cole.

I've had this for about half a year now. I've got a big old bottle and it's not even 1/4 gone. I originally got hooked on the men's and bought a bottle for my boy. Then the women's came out and surprisingly smelled as good as the men's so I was hooked up with a bottle as well.

Randomness


6) Sour Skittles.
I forgot how good these are. Skittles have always been my FAV candy of choice but the Sour ones hurt too much to suck on. But once you get all the sour shit off these, they are TASTY..

7) Samsung V205.


My cell phone is my BABY. And although I complain and I really want a new one, recently I had an episode where my baby wasn't whole and I couldn't find the battery. That scare made me fall back in love.






Eh, I'm sitting here trying to think of three more items but who said lists had to have 10 items anyway? Like my girl Lauryn said, "I get out of all your boxes.." (And yeah, I WILL learn how to do borders and the such ONE day!) Since I OBVIOUSLY have nothing to write about, I guess I will jump on the blogger bandwagon and open my comments section up for you folks to ask me some questions...You know the deal: 3 questions you would like to see me answer. I guess that's how it works...Help me out and ask some good ones to get my motors turning again...

**** SLIGHT EDIT ON FEB 4*****

Some of you have already done Part B to this so I figured the other two parts would be easy:

A. First, recommend to me:
1. A movie:
2. A book:
3. A musical artist, song, or album:

B. I want everyone who reads this to ask me three questions, no more, no less. Ask me anything you want. (remember be NICE!)

C. Then,go to your blog, copy and paste this allowing your friends to ask you anything they want!


13 Comments:

Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

1. I so love Tweet. My favorite songs on the last album were Best Friend and Always Will. Dang I'm about to bump that now.

2. I love me some Gwen. Her new cd is dope. Hollaback is my joint

3. I'll be back with questions.

6:19 AM

 
Blogger LB said...

Dammit, I'm stumped over the questions. I'll ask those later, but I like that Tweet song too.

9:15 AM

 
Blogger The G Perspective said...

Dang man! I didn't know people was on Tweet like that. I just heard her first album for the first time last year in spite of having wanted to listen for a long time and it was the BOMB. I still listen to it at least once a week. I didn't even know people liked Tweet that much. And I didn't know she had a new album so I guess I'm on my way to Circuit City.

3:05 PM

 
Blogger G. Cornelius said...

"Daily Bread" is the TRUTH!

McCoy just doing his thing...He is taking it were Lenny wasn't capable...I'll keep you posted

3:46 PM

 
Blogger bitchdoctrine said...

That "rich girl" track is hot fyre. hahahaha. I liked No Doubt since "Tragic Kingdom". Imma download that Martin Luther song and see what it is y'all are talking about. Sour Skittles burn my taste buds. I love the tropical ones though... skittles for life!

10:55 PM

 
Blogger Margaret said...

Straight to the questions:

1) What do you want to do once you finish your education?

2) What is your hometown?

3) What are 3 things you CAN NOT live without (not people).

3:40 AM

 
Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

I have to admit, my cell phone is like my girlfriend..lol

8:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 - thanks for stoppin' by...i'll be answering them q's sometime next week.

2 - i'm gonna have to ck out tweet!

3 - some q's for you! everyone took the good ones so these may be lame...i warned ya!

a - what's your favorite ring tone on your cell?
b - favorite color?
c - I've been asking everyone this for no apparent reason! scrambled or over easy?

have a great weekend!

golden...

11:58 AM

 
Blogger bitchdoctrine said...

aight.. here are my questions?

1. Have you ever travelled outside of the country?
2. Are you bilingual?
3. Boxers, Briefs or Boxer Briefs on your man?
hahahahaha.. yes, some very inane questions...

Ok.. here are my suggestions...

1. Movie = "City of God" This movie is sooo crazy, it has subtitles but since you are an English major, that should be no problem. lol=)

2. Book: either "The Coldest Winter Ever" by Sister Souljah or "The 48 Laws of Power" by Robert Greene. The latter is such a good book. It's like a bible for life. It literally has 48 ways to gain and sustain power, examples of people using it throughout history, and ways to counteract it.

3. Music: ah... John Legend if you haven't heard it or "Miss Thang" by Monica. That album brings back so many memories....

8:16 PM

 
Blogger LB said...

OK, I said that I'd be back...

1. What are your top 3 favorite songs of ALL TIME?
2. Which qualities of your best friend would u like to emulate?
3. Do u have a Valentine? (can't think, sorry)

2:22 PM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

What you know about that Martin Luther girl? Just kidding I love him! And good lookin' on that Kenneth Cole "Black"...that stuff is the shizznit!

3 Questions:
1. Guilty pleasures?
2. Worst date?
3. Weirdest celebrity crush?

3:20 PM

 
Blogger The G Perspective said...

Ok. For your Q&A section.

Movie-Donnie Darko
Book-Song of Solomon
Music-Tidal (Fiona Apple)

Part b-
1. What's the worst thing about you and why are you afraid to change it

2. What would you wake up on a Saturday morning for? Or to rephrase what would be important enough to inspire you to leave your bed?

3. What would you do with your billion dollar check?

3:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a movie: hotel rwanda (i know you already want to see it.)
book: jesus and the hip hop prophets (i haven't read it but it's about two of your favorite rappers, lauryn hill and 2pac. look it up)
an album: illmatic by nas (haha)

questions: describe your perfect day?
tell me what i mean to you?
if i asked you to give me one thing from your room, what would you give me and why?



young

12:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home