Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

What Goes Around....

For lack of a real topic and since everyone is doing their 100 lists and shit...this is mine from way back when (Dec 12).

100 Truths and No Lies


1. I was born in Cleveland, Ohio.
2. I was my parents' first child, they were 29.
3. I've been part of a kidnapping attempt.
4. When I was 9, I almost got kicked out of the after-school program because I did an expose stating that YMCA stood for Yellow Moldy Cheese Again.
5. I was the tallest kid in my class until 4th grade.
6. I'm 5'4" on a good day.
7. I don't fall in love easily.
8. I love hard.
9. I'm allergic to cats and dogs. (and grass, hay, dust, pollen...etc)
10. I've been arrested. Only once.
11. I don't eat pork.
12. My favorite fruit is pineapple.
13. My major is English.
14. I've haven't been out of the United States since I was two. (and then it was only to Canada)
15. I think Prince's "Adore" is the greatest love song ever.
16. I don't like to talk on the phone to people in the same city as me.
17. I don't have any grandparents left.
18. I loves shoes. Perhaps a little TOO much.
19. A good pen makes me feel smart and creative.
20. Sometimes, if I'm having an off day, I dress up to make myself feel better.
21. When I'm home, I hug my daddy everyday. I'm a daddy's girl.
22. I LOVE Black Men.
23. I like to make up slang words.
24. I learn words to songs very quickly.
25. I am addicted to candy. Fruity candy, specifically.
26. I would rather read a good book than watch a movie.
27. I keep things to myself.
28. It scares me to think that someone might one day know me completely.
29. I have natural hair.
30. I use fabric softners to scent my room.
31. I think kissing is an extremely intimate act.
32. I love kids.
33. I've been engaged.
34. I have trouble remembering the names of people I haven't seen in a while.
35. I love to smell good. I'm actually a tad obsessed about it.
36. I think I was born in the wrong era.
37. I could be quite content as a housewife.
38. I'm a punk.
39. I've never said "I love you" to a SO first.
40. I can count my number of "friends" on one hand.
41. I've never been on a boat.
42. I'm afraid of deep water.
43. I HATE guns.
44. Bugs scare me too.
45. I'm an underachiever.
46. I've never experienced stage fright.
47. I completed an entire book of poetry by the time I was 13.
48. My mother thinks I should sell my soul to work for Hallmark.
49. I don't eat seafood or fish.
50. I love football.
51. I NEVER study.
52. I didn't even study for my ACT. (Midwest Standardized Testing for you coastal folks)
53. It takes a whole hell of a lot for me to consider someone a friend.
54. I adore the Boondocks comic strip.
55. I hate to take medication.
56. I am extremely anemic.
57. I cry when I listen to Donny Hathaway.
58. I live vicariously through the TV show Girlfriends.
59. I pray to make a living out of writing.
60. I love to shop.
61. I hate to work.
62. I eat chicken EVERYDAY.
63. I sometimes lie just to see if people will believe me.
64. I admire people who are quietly intellectual.
65. I write best when I am in pain.
66. I have never tried cigarettes. I have puffed on a Black N Mild while drunk.
67. Angelina Jolie is my favorite actress.
68. I have never broken a bone.
69. I can switch my speech on a moment's notice. Drastically.
70. I abhore math.
71. I am an excellent secret-keeper.
72. I love to recieve mail.
73. I procrastinate terribly.
74. I talk to myself. Quite a bit.
75. Sometimes I sing myself to sleep.
76. I am on a constant quest for knowledge.
77. I can't spell out loud.
78. I do almost everything left-handed except for write.
79. Sometimes, when I get a lot of large bills and they are wrinkled, I iron them.
80. I have broken every pair of sunglasses I've ever owned.
81. I believe sex is a drug.
82. It's hard for me to accept compliments at face value.
83. I'm sometimes mean to people that are close to me.
84. I'm easily annoyed.
85. I think every female should know how to walk in heels by the time they are 15.
86. The only makeup I wear regularly is mascara.
87. My printed handwriting looks like script.
88. I love football.
89. I'm extremely kind to people I can relate to, no matter how well I know them.
90. I judge people by how they dress. (Not what they wear, but how they wear it)
91. I don't believe in soulmates.
92. But I am a romantic.
93. I am my own worst critic. Seriously.
94. I like to be underestimated.
95. If I don't make fun of you, I don't like you.
96. I bite the inside of my mouth.
97. I love air kisses.
98. I abhore people who take credit for others' work.
99. I don't like chest hair on men.
100. I am a firm believer in myself.

****EDITED TO ADD*******

101. For Gian, who just had to catch the fact that I had a repeat on there. ummm....I've been playing guitar off and on for 4 years. There, Mr. Observative!

Here is a bonus:
102. I refer to Oprah as my auntie. My mother even calls her that. One day we will meet and she will take me in and make me the sole heir of her TV fortune...I just know it.

12 Comments:

Blogger The G Perspective said...

You're cool. I think you put that you love Footbal twice but I could be wrong. What did you get arrested for?

5:48 PM

 
Blogger Liza Valentino said...

I got arrested last year (my freshman year) for being under 19 and in a bar. Also, because I was trying to use someone else's ID to get in and that person was 21, they charged me with "intent to buy alcohol." I was PISSED. It didn't go on my permanent police record because it's only some stupid town ordinance and not a real law, but I got slapped with a pretty heavy fine (somewhere in the $750 range when it was all done with) that my ex (who I was still with at the time) took care of. Silly, huh?

6:18 PM

 
Blogger Larry D. Lyons II said...

proof positive that you are my long lost sister. (as if i didn't know already!)

me and soulful never part, makidada, me and soulful have one heart, makidada!

8:14 PM

 
Blogger LB said...

Well I'll be damned....

U and I are now 2 identical peas in a pod solely by #15.

But ok, I'll turn that off for a sec...

My boy and I make up slang words..hell, we ghettofy (see?) regular words by adding an "ation", "ify", or an "ery" to the end. For example: Look at him and his stalkery...dude don gone pussified...etc.

Feeling 31 & 33...but that "housewife" thang, sheeit. I guess I could be Weezie Jefferson, but I'd have to volunteer at the center or something. My year and a half at home with my son was cool and all, but I found myself craving adult conversation, but everyone that I knew was at work and that killed me. I dunno, so much responsibility goes into keeping a house in order, but I'm sure u can do it better than I could.

You and I can go to the hospital together as far as being anemic is concerned. I know that I'm supposed to take some pills and shit, but that leads me to #55. I could only take pills religiously when I was pregnant. I don't mind fukking myself up, but being responsible for someone else's life changed my outlook.

Moving on...

Yep to #58, jokingly #63, #73, #74, #82,
#84...hell yeah....#84, but I've gotten better at hiding it. DEFINITELY #95 and #99.

Um ok, well on to me getting a life, lol.

9:22 PM

 
Blogger bitchdoctrine said...

If you lived in Toronto, you wouldn't get arrested since our drinking age is 19. Plus, marijuana is decriminalized, so you can carry around about 15 grams and not get handcuffed. Marijuana would be completely legal if it wasn't for your President.... BASTARD!!

Who in the hell tried to kidnap you?

I'm with you all the way on #7, #8, #16, #19, #22, #23, #25, #26, #27, #35, #36, #40, #45, #54, #64, #68,#72,#76, #82, #83 and #94.

Ok.. I think I need to get my own life... lol

8:49 AM

 
Blogger butterphliâ„¢ said...

damn girl. we have a lot in common. i used to eat chicken e'ery day but i cut back because i realize i was addicted. and i'm still addicted to candy, 'specially gummi bears and starbursts. i'm a candy phene (i know that's not how you spell it) *smh*.

and i once puffed on a Swisher Sweet only because of the 'sweet' part, but i hated it and i damn near gagged.

i know i live through "Girlfriends". that show is the only life i have LOL

learned alot about ya girlie

9:03 AM

 
Blogger Toya said...

very interesting list...i want to know like starfoxx...who tried to kidnap you? that's crazy! booo@the YMCA trying to kick you out because of that...i was always the tallest in my class until like 9th grade...cuz by then all the boy's started to grow taller...i'm addicted to candy too, but for me it's chocolate.

9:51 AM

 
Blogger PRINCE CHARMING said...

oprah is your auntie? wtf? lol...now that's a new one for me. great list and love the site.

7:56 PM

 
Blogger Liza Valentino said...

@ Gian - Thank ya for catching that. See my addition just for you?

@ Larry - You just proved it again by pulling out the Color Purple scene in the blog. *starts clapping hands together and joins in saying "makidada" wit Larry*

@ Diggs - Over the summer, this guy from my work swore up and down that Adore was his favorite love song too. We started singing it and we got to one part and he sang, "Your love one day struck me blind, your beauty I still see." I looked at him, like WTF? I told him what it really said and he swore up and down he was right. Well, we headed to the parking lot to listen and, well, you know who was right. Poor thing, singing the wrong words all that time...

And since all my other responses are so long, I will blog on my willingness to be a housewife tomorrow.


@ KD - We just reinforce that stereotype don't we? And I just got done eating some chicken strips. I gotta add you to my zodiac elite list....

@ LBoogie - Thank ya ma'am. I like the 100 lists...you learn a LOT in a short time.

@ Starfoxx - Girl, say word?? I did not know that the age was 19 up there! Im jealous now. I could be bent erry weekend without worryin' about the law??

At the YMCA program when I was 8 me and my best friend were walking into the building and this guy pulled up alongside us, blocking us from the building. He called us over and tried to get us to come with him in his blue pick-up. I pulled my friend away as she was walking over and we burnt the hell out to the side door. A couple of weeks later, after I told my mother what happened, he was on the news. They showed him being taken in and reported that he was suspected to have kidnapped 3 kids.

@ Mia - It's hard for me to cut back on chicken because I don't eat pork, fish or any seafood. I barely eat red meat unless it's a Philly Cheesesteak or my occasional burger.

Never had a swisher sweet. But I like how black-n-milds smell. I'm like Clinton though - "I didn't inhale." lol...

@ Toya - I can only eat chocolate when I get a craving or I'm super hungry and there is no food around.

@ Brutha - Thank you sir. The feeling is mutual.

@ Solitaire - I thought I was April from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (remember her? the reporter? lmao@me trying to be her) I used my little tape recorder, which was a Talkboy. Remember the first Home Alone? The same little thing he used! I thought I was really Barbara Walters, girl!

Girl, you JUST learned how to walk in heels? That is nuts....i think every lady should know that early as hell. Shit, I'm teachin my little sister and she's only 11.

@J - Yep, she just doesn't know it yet. Nor do we have any real relation, it's all in my head, but hey, you gotta start somewhere right?

9:47 PM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

Nice list! I think I'm gonna do one of my own this week. :)

2:57 AM

 
Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

I'm lovin the list guhl!!!

7:53 AM

 
Blogger C.R.C. said...

Yeah, I'm LATE getting here. What can I say, CP time is a mother sometimes. So?

Anyway, I love your list. We have a lot in common! I don't eat pork, my favorite fruit is pineapple (I buy em all the time), I went to summer camp at the YMCA for yeears, #31, #22 (AMEN!), #21, #23, #29, #58, #64, #'s 7 & 8, #95 (my friends and I call each other 'losers' ALL the time, lol).

Very cool :)

8:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home