Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

I Always Get What I Want (When I Know What That Is...) part two

Cue my soap opera music, Gian!

*smoke curls across the screen and the faces of Aries and Slim slowly come into focus...*

Today on "Analog Girl in a Digital World":

...So, as we lay there, his arms around my shoulders and my head in his "nook" (as Carrie from Sex and City calls it), we quickly realize that neither of us are watching the movie and that we should turn it off. We click off the movie and snuggle up under the covers. We start off on opposite sides of my SUPER DELUXE bed, but eventually I find my way over to him and he wraps his arm around me. We lay like that for a minute and talk. Then he said something fairly interesting and I gave him a deep stare over my shoulders. His eyes met mine for a second and then he quickly looked towards the ceiling and said "Don't be shootin' them sexy looks at me, girl..." So ya'll know I had to do it again. This time his gaze held mine and the next thing you know our lips were meeting. Ya'll know those movies kisses where two people look at one another, run across the room and suddenly they are all over each other, skirts are half up and shirt buttons are bouncin' across the floor?

Yeah...it wasn't like that.

It was a real deep, slow kiss. Like the handshake of a person you meet for the first time, but you're attracted to them and so you grip their hand firmly and hold it just a second too long? Now imagine that being a kiss....there it is.

It was nice. Passionate, but not reckless.

After a while, I felt the need to break the mood a little bit. Things were getting intense and it felt too right. (Or maybe I've just been out of service for too long). But naw, for real, I felt really good with him, comfortable, and everything was just flowing. A MAJOR plus because I hate for things to feel forced...So anyways, I get my ass up and go to the bathroom to change out of my drawstring pants because I HATE to sleep with pants on unless it is extremely cold. Now, ya'll know I couldn't find no regular shorts. I had to go get the cutest pair in my arsenal and slip into those. The ones that hit JUST below the booty, so when I walk, he can get a slight peek. Not ho-ish, just seductively cute. So I climb back in the bed and from then on he can't keep his hands to himself. I can't make it sound like it was all his fault, my hands were a-roaming too. With each and every kiss, the passion mounted and I could feel all those months of celibacy/abstinence (there's your answer, Diggs) rushing right between my thighs. Gotdammit. I finally break away from his lips, turn my back on him and tell him to try to sleep. Ya'll know he wasn't hearing that. He took one look at my back and my exposed shoulders and got to kissing. As soon as he dropped a kiss on the back of my neck, I swear I felt Niagra Falls coursing through my body. A heavy make-out session followed, but still he got no goodies. So for those of you waiting for the triple-X details (Star), sorry to disappoint. Gimme a little while and then I'll see if I can stir up some Gian-like worthy blog sex.

Here is one of my entries from right after he left:

(Notice I said ONE of my entries. Don't even try to guess how many I've written on him, I'm sure I'll divulge later.)

It was on my mind from the time he walked into my room. It was already determined that he would spend the night, and I let him know that we would be SLEEPING. From the time we laid down and he put his arm around me, it had already raced through my head hundreds of times. Ask him, ask him, my mind bugged me. Finally, after an especially long kiss, I looked him in the eyes and blurted it out - "What are you looking for?" He didn't play dumb and do the "What do you mean?" thing I expected him to do. His answer was honest (I think) and earned him points. He said he was looking for someone to be with, a girlfriend... You know what, I can't even remember the exact words, but his answer satisfied me. He basically let me know that he wasn't looking for a fuck-buddy (one thing I will NEVER be) and searching for that person who will be there with him that he can depend on. He told me the reason I figured he was all about sex (which I didn't but he thought I did because I kept reinterating how there was to be no sex of any kind in my room that night) is because we were laying right next to each other and he finds me to be sexually stimulating and it seemed like our hands couldn't stay to themselves. (which was true so I let him slide....Off the hook, not inside of me, you freaks!! lol..).

The next day, after we had been off the phone for about an hour, he sent me a text that said - "you asked me. but what are you looking for?" I quickly hit the "reply" button and poised my thumb over the keypad to type out a (shortened) list of things of what it is exactly I am looking for. 10 seconds later, I was still staring at an empty screen. I'll be damned. I'm not sure I know.

I love to be in love. I love relationships and being "someone's". But, now every time I think of relationships, I think of posession and a short happy period followed by a longer period of generally unhappiness. I'm not sure I want a boyfriend. I know I can't have a fuck buddy or a "friend with benefits" because I'm far too selfish and too inclined to get emotionally attached for that. So what in the HELL do I really want? Sometimes being single gets so lonely, but for the most part I enjoy it. And I think that's just the general "freedom" idea because I was mentally and emotionally bound for so long by someone who stifled my growth as a person.

I can ask the questions, but I'm not sure if I have the answers.

What in the hell do I want? I know I'll try my hand at a real relationship one day, but when? Is it too soon after my heartbreak to give it another go? Or has it been long enough? Will I ever truly know that I am ready to try to love again? Will I ever be able to open myself up to someone enough to even allow the possibility of love creepin' in? I'll be damned if I'm not confused. I would say I'll just go with the flow and see what happens, but I've done that before and it ends with me detaching myself emotionally and adding another name to my list of plain-old "guy-friends." I've let you in, analyze me. It's obvious that I don't know what I want, so maybe one of you all can play Dr Phil and expose my inner longing...

Sorry this sucka is SO long...it be's that way today.

11 Comments:

Blogger butterphliâ„¢ said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:14 AM

 
Blogger butterphliâ„¢ said...

Dang girl. Your night went a hell of a lot like mine... except I left my guy's spot because I didn't want to take the chance of me not being able to resist. Did I mention ol' boy was FINE?

I totally feel you about questioning whether or not you're ready for another relationship (or even want one). I'm right there with you. At times, I want to be with someone because life seems a little more fun when you have someone who fills in those empty spaces. But then again, I like being single and doing my own thing. I guess when the timing is right, we will most definitely know and let nature take its course.

But... uh... you mentioned "buttons bouncin' across the floor" and ish... that was moi and ol' boy. It was getting hot up in therre that night LOL. I hope all goes well with you and this guy. Or at least allow yourself to enjoy the NOW.

11:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi hefa!!
I'm happy for you! I'm glad you found someone who is on the same level as you. Anywho, just wanted to give my congrats. Holla!!
Rachel

12:26 PM

 
Blogger bitchdoctrine said...

First of all... I want it to be known that even though there wasn't any XXX bizness in that story... it was still a good, cute romantic one. lol=)

In your second post, I totally relate to you. I know what I "don't" want in a boyfriend, but damned if I know what I "do" want. I'm still a bit old fashioned, in where I believe that I will meet the right person, and I will know that we are meant to be together. I tried the "trial and error" method, and all I got were "errors".

Hopefully, there is a good ending for you in this story, because you deserve to have someone as cool as you.

1:57 PM

 
Blogger LB said...

This was a cute...I guess that I'm a sucker for cute...ya know, the beginning stages of getting to know someone. It all sounds so exciting. Well, I definitely wouldn't sex him, lol. As Mia has explained, it brings about too much emotion. And it seems that you're not ready for anything serious, since u are polling your fellow bloggers. That's not to say that u won't be ready tomorrow or the next day, but while u're waiting to find out...take your time and enjoy the moment. Isn't that what u told me? Only if enjoying the moment means that u keep your clothes on, lol. The blogging community seems to be a little gun-shy these days. Anyways, I would opt to go with the flow...u can't base this time on the last time...but what do I know about analyzing and giving advice...nada,lol.

2:21 PM

 
Blogger The G Perspective said...

The blog is like a peer support group for celibacy/abstainence. I can't wait til the day one of ya'll breaks your celibacy (and by breaks I mean admits to breaking) that same night there will be draws dropping all around the country cause ya'll will have gotten the cue from your fellow bloggers. Anyway, about that "What do you want" question. I'm not trying to spoil your good time but as the voice of reason allow me to hate on men everywhere for a sec. Sometimes women think men are stupid because of the things we're oblivious to. Well it's the same for men. Sometimes we can see these questions coming from a mile away and if we're on top of things we know exactly what ya'll want to hear. When it comes to getting draws the best players are like psychologists. We pay attention and evaluate everything we can so that when you finally pull the trigger on one of those questions we know just what to say to allow you to think what it is about us you would have to think in order to get with us. I'm not saying ol' boy is running game or that he doesn't want a girlfriend. I'm just saying watch his words carefully because he might be choosing them carefully and the answer might ever so deviate the closer he gets to his goal. Matter of fact from now on you blog his responses to your key questions and I'll evaluate his answers for you.

4:21 PM

 
Blogger AMES said...

Jeddi comment is hillarious but I would agree.

I can relate to not knowing what you want. It may be a good thing. You just met him.

If you knew what you wanted in general you might make it exist in him, it may be better just to see where things go without the stress of relationship expectations.

Glad you resisted. I didn't resist with my guy, (didn't plan to), but everynow and then I wonder what it would have been like had I prolonged the process.

11:31 AM

 
Blogger Liza Valentino said...

@ Mia - I'm working on enjoy the now. And I'll be working on it even more later tonight! *wink*

@ Star - Shit, I'm not even sure if I know what I don't want. There are some obvious qualities I don't want, but everything else is up in the air. Who knows?? lol@ ur "errors". Keep trying girl! Those three cherries gotta pop up sometime!

@ Diggs - LOL...there will be no sex in Aries' room *starts singing Chris Rock's "No Sex in the Champagne Room* Ohh...sorry, where was I? Ahh yes, no sexing for now. But I will be letting things happen as they will and enjoying getting to know him better. (and well as partaking in his luscious lips as much as I can...but u aint hear that from me!)

@ Gian aka "Mr Oprah" - Boy, did you get a Ph.D in this? It is funny that so many of us are abstaining...goes to show the sad state of dating nowdays. Thanks for the advice! And I will be hitting you up for that IM name next time I have questions about sumthin he says!

@ IL Lake - Everytime I do those lil personality things, I think I'm more of an A but most of the time a mixture. But that self-motivating stuff does sounds like me. I appreciate all the sports analogies...that was cute. I hear everything you said, I'll keep that in mind. I'm letting it "flow". (Gawd, I HATE that saying, but it fit there....)

@ brutha - I told him I didn't know. We talked about it yesterday and he said whatever I choose he'll ride with it. (Which kinda scared me but that's a different story)...so that's where we are at right now. Aye, by the way, can I get 5 dollas to go to the movies? 'Preciate it, bruh!

@ tamrock - I love this phase too! That's why I'm trying to stay here as long as I can.

@ call 2 arms - I hear ya. I hate when folks try to force their expectations and wants on people.

12:48 PM

 
Blogger Liza Valentino said...

@ Rachel - my bad, lady! I don't know how I skipped your comment. I appreciate it! Hopefully it works out for me like it's working out for you and Ben! Do the damn thang!

12:49 PM

 
Blogger Larry D. Lyons II said...

hmm... looks like we need to have an aries-only slumber party. i'm sure we could get to the bottom of this if we allowed ourselves 12 hours, some smores, a couple iyanla vanzant books and some daiquiri's.

9:09 AM

 
Blogger SOULJOURNIN... said...

Its so exciting living vicariously through your love life. Mine really is out of service!!!

12:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home