Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Monday, February 21, 2005

I's Married Now!! (Or someday, at least...)

As "T-Shirt and Panties" plays in the background...

Yesterday on Analog Girl in a Digital World (btw,if you clicked that, you're drove, you're already here!): Since I had to go back and listen to Adore in order to tell Diggs what part ol' boy messed up on, I decided to respond to everyone else's comments first, then come back. Well, by that time, I had already completed a short novel worth of response. So I decided to blog on Diggs comment to number 37 on my 100 truths and no lies list.

As I've mentioned, I'm a romantic at heart. When I do love, it is all-consuming. I am one of those muthafuckas folks hate to see in love because I radiate. I smile every time he's mentioned and the mere whisper of his name may incite butterflies in my stomach. When I think of the way he touches me, I get shivers up my spine. My lips ache from kissing him all night. I silently touch my thighs under restaurant tables while out with the girls and remember how passionate last night was. I limit my show-stopping performances on dance floors in order to be with him. Don't get me wrong, I don't change my whole life or no shit like that. I'm actually not clingy at all, but when I have a man I like to be with him. And I like to please him. (So long as he realizes that I need ALL the same shit right back. Say it with me: r-e-c-i-p-r-o-c-i-t-y.)

With that said, if my husband was bringing home enough cheddar to keep me living the life I've become accustomed to, and children are in the plan or God has already blessed us with some, I could picture myself being a houswife/stay-at-home mom. Of course, from my skewed, not-yet-two-decades old viewpoint, being a housewife to me entails:

1. Getting to shop in the middle of the day when malls are least busy.
2. Going to the gym at least 5 days a week in order to keep everything tight.
3. Learning how to cook amazing meals for my husband and having them ready when he gets home. Family meals, or getting to sit and watch him enjoy the food. I truly believe cooking is love.
4. The ability to greet him at the door in sexy lingerie and various other stimulating shit. B.K (before kids), of course. A.K., the meeting will have to be in the bedroom.
5. Getting to have beautiful children and be incredibly involved in raising them. PTA meetings, help with homework, dance lessons, football practice - all that TV shit.
6. Getting to work in my community and perhaps deal with battered women. (Which is a goal of mine.)


Sounds like an idealized dream doesn't it? Yeah, I know. Hence my quest to find a college football player with MADD potential who will sign a HUGE contract, get a serious (but non-life threatening) injury in his second year and be able to live off his first year earnings for the rest of our lives. Maybe with him doing some speaking events here and there. Please don't kill my dream...the world will do it in time.

@ Diggs: old boy from the Spike Lee joint? His brother, Calvin, spoke at my university today. He's actually quite a good speaker.

8 Comments:

Blogger Larry D. Lyons II said...

two fire signs? stop it!
that would be the most passionate relationship known to man! i'm sure yall would have gangs of kids!

Soulful: my dreams are no less fairy tale than yours. i, too, am all about the PTA, baking cookies for the neighborhood kids when they come over to play video games with my sons (only after they've completed their homework, of course), involving myself with a local charity or non-profit. your bliss looks a lot like my bliss, sis!

but here's the thing: who says it has to be a dream? i already go to the gym 3x a week to keep my body top notch for my partner. i'm working toward becoming a tenured professor, which will allow me to spend plenty of time at home with my sons when the time comes. i'm already researching the adoption process, so I'll be prepared to meet its challenges when they come. and, most importantly, i just got a subscription to Martha Stewart Home... so i'll have my culinary arts and interior design game ON LOCK by the time we purchase our home.

all that to say... you can start preparing for your dream life TOphuckin'DAY, and damn anyone who tells you different. me? i'm already several months into my happily ever after, and i can't wait for you to join me!

7:25 AM

 
Blogger LB said...

I won't kill your dream honey...by all means, go get it. Do u ever see those frazzled women (housewives) on Oprah...ya know, your girl Oprah? Somewhere they must've taken a wrong turn...u should school them on how to keep it together and live the fairytale.

Yeah, Calvin taught me at TU and was once of the influential people that kept me in school when I was having a hard time. I love that man, even though, he kept jacking up my name.

9:03 AM

 
Blogger butterphliâ„¢ said...

damn... you brought back memories **sniffling**

i spoiled while i was married and didn't even realize it. however, i was still trying to perfect the cooking dinner part (#3) because my shit was skrate up nasty as hell LOL.

don't get me to reminiscing again up in here. more power to you in finding that football star. i think i found mine but i need work on hookin' him LOL... or just give up and die old and alone. see what divorce can do to you girl? see this shit??

oh, i'm sorry. i didn't mean to kill your dream. i'm sure when you jump the broom yours will be a happily ever after. you have blueprints LOL

10:24 AM

 
Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

Helping Aries with a list other places to find men with great EP (earning potential):

Believe it or not track
basketball
the College of Engineering
Soccer
CIS/DIS majors
Accounting majors
If you're brave...dope boys tryna clean up their money (damn did I just say that...lol)

Let me know if you need anymore help

11:09 AM

 
Blogger Liza Valentino said...

@ brutha - don't play wit me, boy! You see I was already checkin for plane tickets!

@ larry - Gang of kids? HmmmmM...*sneeks a quick peek at brutha's pic again* I'm sure I'd have a GREAT time makin' em!

I KNEW you would feel me. You're nothing but a romantic yourself...we can keep each other company on the phone while the cookies bake! ;o)

@ Diggs - I can't school nobody right now. Shit, they would be looking at me like "what the hell do u know, young ass?" I gotta wait a few years and actually get a husband first. But then, the classes are ON...for a small fee, of course.

:o)@Calvin jackin up your name. He learned almost all the black folks names in like 10 minutes. Then he told me my name was beautiful, which is funny because it's the most common name EVER. He seems so determined. I love that in a man.

@ Mia - lol@ u tryin to cook...practice makes perfect?

Girl, you didn't kill the dream..it's still goin strong. You let me know when you hook that one you are workin on now!

@ Suezette - *pullin out my lil notebook and writing those down* Good lookin', lady!

And hell if I don't know a thing or two about those engineers! My auntie used to holla at this dude who is now an engineer and he's already retired at the age of......34. Crazy, huh? And as far as that last one - been there, done that. He wasn't shit. But maybe that was just him...

12:09 PM

 
Blogger LB said...

Mayne, Dr. Mackie is a trip. He'd be listening to Tupac in his office and talking about "Good Times" in class. Mind u, I was 1 of 2-3 black peeps in that piece, but he took care of us.

Aries and Mackie sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G...lol

1:05 PM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

I didn't think about being a housewife in the future...but after reading your list...shoot, I'm thinking about reconsidering...lol.

:)

5:40 PM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

LOL @ Suezette!

:)

5:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home