Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Slim (Part I)

These are a series of entries that I've been contemplating on whether or not to put up. I finally put some together and decided to post 'em. I can't remember who asked me in my little Q&A session about Valentines' and recieved my answer that I have a couple, but I can say for sure that one who reads my blog may not be too happy about what follows. So I considered not posting this, but then again, it's my blog and I refuse to censor myself. I had to do that too much on my other blog. Not again. So if you are offended by the following, just remember whose page this is and that the little "x" in the top right hand corner will get yo ass outta here quick, fast and in a hurry.


Thursday 2/17-

Tonight we went bowling. It was a special promotional night in which they gave away certain cash prizes if you knocked over the special "colored" pins when they called your lane. I won a WHOLE quarter! LMAO...we had fun though! Somewhere in between my strong-as-hell Long Island Iced Tea and my cutie from Philly calling me, I felt some tension work its way down my spine, around into my stomach and straight between my legs. Frustrated, I told my friend I was going to call it a night and take my ass home to read my Bible. (Seem contradictory to have ass and Bible in the same sentence? Deal wit' it.) However, I wasn't really quite ready to call it a night and figured I might as well go work out some tension on the dance floor.

We make our way to the usual spot, which has only been poppin for about 3 months. But with the recent strings of MIPS (Minors in Posession of alcohol) they've been hit with, their dance floor was especially empty. So we head right across the street to the old spot, which was once again jumping. I had a ball in there, dancing to every freakin song that came on and throwin my St Louis "L" in the air whenever Nelly graced the speakers (and believe me, it was a LOT). Somewhere in the process of me doing the "Kansas City Shake" and stepping with my boy, I notice this cutie from another college on the dance floor. (I was on the stage). I've seen him before, even held short conversations with him, but tonight he was looking especially cute. So I play all the games. Look up and catch his eye and then look away only to look back and find out he's still staring. Grab one of my guy friends and gyrate on him while looking the cutie directly in his eyes. You know, all the usual college games. All the while, I'm thinking to myself he is looking really good tonight. I tell my friend that I think he is cute and then go about my business.

Afterwards, when we are walking away from the club, I hear this guy yell out "hey girl in the red!" Now,if this was STL, or any other CITY, there is no way in HELL I would have turned around, but this is the 'Ville and I knew exactly why they were calling me. Turns out it was his boy, who does the whole agent-like, middle-man "my boy wants to holla at chu, but he's kinda shy" shit, which I HATE, but for some reason let slide tonight. His boy then saunders up, introduces himself, apologizes and gets on his boy for putting him on "front street" then proceeds to spit his lil game. Nothin fancy. I tell him to walk me to the car, give him the cell number and tell him to be easy.

Friday, 2/18-

He shoots me a little text that says, "Hey it's (we will call him) Slim, the guy you met at Molly's. I wanted to call you tonight, but I got practice until 12, but let me know if you will be up and I'll call you." Hmmm...considerate, unassuming...check and check. It just so happened that I was working that night and didn't get off until 4, so I told him to give me a call when he got out. He called at exactly 12:06 and we talked basically my entire shift until my battery ran out at about 3 am. The next day, he lets me know that he wants to come see me but would it be alright if he "slept over"? We had already discussed the night before how often he comes up here and I had informed him that I have an extra bed, but I had pushed it next to mine to make one giant bed. He told me he would have to push them apart. I shoot him a text that says "yeah, you can SLEEP over here. That's all." He agrees and says he'll see me soon. He gets in town about 11 pm to party and asks me to come to the club with him. I'm not really in the club mood, so I tell him to just come back to my spot when he is done. He shows up about 1:20 and we sit around and talk for a while. He sits at my laptop and starts picking out music. He clicks on India Arie's "Good Man" and sings EVERY WORD. Say word?!? His stock shot up 3% on that ALONE. If you haven't heard that song, at least google the lyrics so you can know why it was so shocking to me. It's not your average nigga song. Hell, almost nobody I know has even heard it, much less knows all the words. His taste in music proved to be decent and his conversation just as funny in person as over the phone. He's a natural shit-talker like me so a lot of our conversation centered on talking smack about each other's schools and getting to know each other in between. As we kept talking, my contacts started to bother me, so I slipped into the bathroom and took both of them out. Now, you all don't know, I DON'T DO THAT. Even around people I know, I keep at least ONE contact in at all times. I am blind as hell (to me) without my contacts and I never wear my glasses (although they are cute and complement my face). So here I am with Slim, who I barely know (but feel like I've known for a while), blind as hell to anything that's not 3 feet in front of my face and feeling perfectly at ease. A situation and a feeling that is not familiar to me.

Eventually, we realized that it was about that time to get some sleep. We ended up not pushing my beds apart and slipped under the covers with Man On Fire playing on my laptop. (Don't ask, yes I have a TV, but that's not the point.) As the first couple of scenes unfold we had both propped our heads up on the pillows and were pretending to be paying attention to the movie. In reality, we were sneaking peeks at each other the whole time. It was cute. After about 10 minutes, he starts rubbin' my shoulder, complimenting me for having "soft as hell skin" and does some over exaggerated move, ending with his arm around my shoulders. I look to see if he was for real and he makes this goofy as hell face, eyes all wide and innocent and lips pursed like, "who me?" Real cute. I laugh at his goofiness and settle into his loose embrace.


Alright, this will be a two part-er I see. I should be studying, because I have a test at 8 am tomorrow. But I decided to blog in order to funnel some energy and help me concentrate. Stay tuned tomorrow to find out what happens after I get comfortable in his arms and we bury ourselves deeper under the covers....*cue wack ass blog exit music*

13 Comments:

Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

Girl...you got blogging sounding like some ginseng...

Hey watching movies in bed can be dangerous...lol

5:41 AM

 
Blogger Liza Valentino said...

*blinks 45674 times*

*reads comments*

ginseng....

morning....

too early..can't think straight...

be back...

6:59 AM

 
Blogger G. Cornelius said...

Hey watching movies in bed...Been there...done that...Always have a story to tell...I'll keep you posted

7:14 AM

 
Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Great post, I feel you completely..

7:55 AM

 
Blogger C.R.C. said...

This sounds too cute.

He's trying to be a slick and you're trying to be all nonchalant, but you both keep looking at eachother while "watching the movie". Awww.

Waiting for part 2!

10:24 AM

 
Blogger LB said...

LOL...so are we celibate (or abstaining) or what??? You're wrong for the two-parter...u could've at least said something like, "Tune in tomorrow to see how I got some head." Aiight, leave it to me to smut-ify a perfectly innocent blog. Well, since I did it for Mia...**Prepares arms for cabbage patch** Go Aries, It's your B-day, Get Busy...

12:12 PM

 
Blogger bitchdoctrine said...

Damn! I thought that there would be some XXX rated details... at least! You gave a little disclaimer at the beginning, and all that was written was some honest, cute, funny, romantic, nostalgic story. I'll be patiently waiting for part deux...

2:02 PM

 
Blogger The G Perspective said...

Man...what kinda...who you think you are? All my children? the camera flashes back and forth on Aries and slim's face fade out as screen reads to be continued. WHat if I go blind and deaf tonight. I'll never know what happened. You could at least put to be continued in a couple of hours when I get back home from class.

4:35 PM

 
Blogger butterphliâ„¢ said...

awwww. ain't that so cute. sounds like somebody 'bout to fall dangerously in love (not really). guess we were both getting our jones on friday night.

you know you're wrong for cutting it short but go 'head and get your study on and bring the juicy details ASAP.

5:11 PM

 
Blogger butterphliâ„¢ said...

oh yeah, and that India.Aria song (Good Man) is one of the best songs I've ever heard. uh, you might want to work on hookin' ol' boy LOL.

5:12 PM

 
Blogger jonetsu said...

wow... great story, hate that it's a two parter, but i guess the suspense only make it better, yeah?

10:15 PM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

Awwww how cuuuuuute!! *anxious* I'll sure be awaiting for part deux, that's for sure.

But in the meantime...I predict that within 2 mins into the movie, you guys will forget about Denzel and 'nem...and start doing some serious liplocking (or all of the above) all in the name of "lust"...lol.

Naw I'm playing...

:)

But really. I like yours and his energy together. Sounds cute. Well anyway, hurry up with that rest Soulful, we're nosey!...lol.

4:18 AM

 
Blogger MBT4679 said...

I'm glad I came across your blog, I enjoy your sotrytelling style

2:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home