Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Thursday, March 17, 2005

I've caught the bug

Is this shit contagious? It seems Spring Fever has hit the bloggin' world. I cannot think of one single topic to blog on...isn't that sad as hell? I didn't even mean to be all MIA for almost a week but damn, I've been running around and still haven't done anything blog-worthy.
*in my best Martin voice* DaYUM GINA!! Lemme sit here for a moment....

hmMmM...maybe....


nahhh......


Or there was that one time.....no that won't work either.....


men?....nope......friends?....nope.......catty bitches?.....nope....


Is it that my life is going so well at this moment that there is no reason to blog?

Well, St Patty's Day is tomorrow and in a town fulla white folks whose bodies are 75% beer on any given weekday, I'm sure there will be some blog worthy events that I can put my $0.35 in about....

Hey, do black folks have a ignant holiday like St Patty's Day and Mardi Gras where we can get drunk and act a fool and it's all g-double "o" - d good? I've heard of Juneteenth celebrations although I have no clue where they are held. Mardi Gras doesn't count....4th A July? Naww....not our holiday to begin with...Are they any?


Song of the moment - "Backstroke (Cautious)" - Teedra Moss


And yes, I realize that this does not qualify as an "update" per se...but hey, I told you, I've caught the FEVER...somebody gimme a remedy for this shit!

9 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

I went to a SLAMMIN' Juneteenth celebration in Houston one year.

Black celebrations in St. Louis? EVERY Sunday at Forest Park!

12:46 AM

 
Blogger S A J Shirazi said...

I came here from Ms Tee's blog and found some very nice prose, display of emotion. Wish every thing is a reality. Lucky.

1:15 AM

 
Blogger LB said...

May I elect that u do a nice heartfelt post on....catty bitches! I would love to read something regarding a raggedy-ass hoe getting fukked up royally. I don't know...maybe its just the mood that I'm in, but anyway...do u have any of those stories tucked away somewhere? Perhaps any musical selections to fuel my hoo-ride, lol.

8:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some Carnival celebrations.

12:04 PM

 
Blogger C.R.C. said...

Yeah, Nikki had it right with the BYBBQ. LOL!

I've also been in a "can't think of anything to blog about" funk lately. Ehh, well. I guess we're just looking forward to spring.

And isn't Teedra Moss' album nice? I just got up on it a couple of weeks ago, but I really like it. See, that's why you my dawg!!.......well........even though you're not a scorpio. LOL :)

2:01 PM

 
Blogger Jdid said...

you mean we should only get one day :-)

4:07 PM

 
Blogger The G Perspective said...

Unh unh. All these blog vacations are ok for the non writers. But me and you gotta keep things solid til they get over the block. Step up Soul!

6:04 PM

 
Blogger The G Perspective said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:04 PM

 
Blogger bitchdoctrine said...

in toronto, we have caribana weekend. this is an excuse for all females to wear next to nuthin and shake dat ass. and an excuse for males to grab ass and wave american one dollar bills to attract females.

as for st. paddy day, imma drink a pint of green guinness and come back home to write an essay.

8:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home