Musings of a young dame making it in this Texas-boy controlled world.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Same Shit, Different Road....

Here is an old ass observation of mine with a bit of explanation:

The muthafuckas who can't walk straight are the same ones who can't drive worth shit.

Proof? See Aries' Walking Manual (located directly below).

1. Stay on yo damn side!
Here in Ammurika (say it like you are from da LOU . "Nelly-style" for those who still can't place it) we drive on the right side of the road. Apply the same damn rule to walking. It's natural since that is the way we drive. If it's a two-lane sidewalk, walk towards your destination on the right side. Walking on the left side will result in confusion, purposeful tripping by mean ass folk like me and/or the old-fashioned "bump and glare*."

Driving Parallel - Offenders of the worst kind. People who don't understand the concepts of two lane roads and drive in both lanes until an oncoming vehicle comes. People who do not understand the concept of left turns.

*Bump and glare - a move in which the offender is purposely bumped, usually in the shoulder, by a mean ass mofo who purposely lowered their shoulder so as to make direct contact. After the bump, a mean ass stare is directed in the direction of the offender, this completes the bump and glare. It is usually followed by a diverted gaze by the offender or an act of aggression by the executer.

2. Merging.
We've established that you should walk in the same direction that you drive. So, if you see that your "stop" is on the left side, you need to merge into the next lane in order to cause the least amount of disruption possible to the flow of traffic. DO NOT wait until you get directly parallel to the building and then try to abruptly cross 3 lines of walking people just because you fucked up.


Driving Parallel - The people who do this are the same mofos who see their exit sign coming up for 5 miles but wait until the last fuckin minute to dart across 4 lanes of traffic to make it there. Also, people who stop in the lane until somebody lets them over so that they can exit.

3. Use the shoulder.
(Before I proceed, I must admit I'm guilty of this, but I'm a cool ass mutha so I can do dat. Plus I DARE somebody to say sumthin to me!) If you need to have a conversation that simply cannot happen simultaneously with the movement of your feet, DO NOT stop in the middle of the walkway and conduct your conversation. Pull yo ass over to the side until that shit concludes.

Driving Parallel - People who stop in the middle of the road and hold conversations with a car next to them, blocking all traffic. People who hold conversations with folks from the hood who run up to their car and hang in the window.

4. Preparation for traffic.
If you need to retrieve something, do it before you come into the flow of walking traffic. DO NOT disrupt traffic by slowing down find your iPod, cigarettes or ringing cellphone in your bag. Have that shit handy.

Driving Parallel - Folks who get out at red lights to get something from their trunk and don't make it back in time for the light to turn green. Folks who put on makeup, eat REAL ass meals, change clothes and/or shoes, and do their hair while driving. Take care of that shit before you get on the road!

15 Comments:

Blogger butterphliâ„¢ said...

LMAO... damn. Lotsa of MFs need to read this hurre (Nelly style).

I ESPECIALLY hate when people stop in the middle of the damn sidewalk to talk. I mean, they just say bump the people walking behind them and just stop in mid-stride to talk. That there makes me wanna go up against a person's head.

Same thing when people driving and stop to yell at a woman or something and you're behind them with sweat beading up on your forehead 'cause you wanna jump and and kick their ass for holding up your lane.

I need to print this out and post it all over the damn place LOL.

1:09 PM

 
Blogger bitchdoctrine said...

this is the truth. i hate when damn people stand in the middle of the hallway and talk shit. move to the side, bitches! or if you are passing by me, say "excuse me". don't just bump your way through. someone did that to me once, and i shoved their ass into a wall.. then ran away. lol=)

1:59 PM

 
Blogger Ms. Blaize said...

Oh Noooo doubt! I happen to call this Mall Rage because that's where I encounter this willy-nilly behavior the most! Usually - and I hate to say this, I see a lot of females just stopping in the middle of the street, hall or mall. I don't know if they think that whole stop* hold* then wiggle wit' it* type behavior is cute but it's not. I also don't know who started that walking on the wrong side of the mall thing but they need to step up and right their wrong.

In the meantime, do you think we can get this posted on streetcorners, malls and school hallways?

2:11 PM

 
Blogger Larry D. Lyons II said...

PREACH!! you are SO inside my head with this one!

6:14 PM

 
Blogger LB said...

LMAO @ the whole walking manual. Mayne, I hate it when peeps be bout 4-5 peeps deep and all of 'em have to walk in a straight line like they're the 90210 cast or some shit. Some of ya'll need to trail....that's when I want to take out about 2 of them mofos for thinking they can take up the width of the whole muhphukkin sidewalk. Bitch, take yo ass to the back...and yeah, I curse in my car too...but when my son started repeating me, I had to curb that much.

7:32 PM

 
Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

Uhm...you know what....

8:34 PM

 
Blogger Liza Valentino said...

@ Mia - lmao@ that sweat beading up!! It's that serious huh? I feel you tho...

@ Star - Oh, I HATE it when folks act like "Excuse me" is too much for them to say! That shove was a good idea, but fuck dat runnin. Stand there and look dead at they ass while they peel their self off that wall, that's the best part. lol

@ Ms Blaize - Ugh...let's not talk about malls. There are certain malls I won't even step foot in at certain hours because I know it's prime teenybopper time. And have you noticed that it's usually the ugliest females who do the stop and wiggle? HmMmMm...

@ Nikki - I never got the appeal of hanging at the mall, even when I was younger. We would always go the movie theater and chill there or go to our lil mini-club. Window shopping pisses me off anyway. I've never seen the appeal in being someplace where you can't buy shit.@ Larry - That's why you are my twin. *wink*

@ Diggs - Wow...you took it back with that 90210, didn't ya? Why did I have a vision of them, in slow-motion as soon as I read that though? As usual, your comment was funny as hell...a little rage pent up, no?

@ Bruhfree - Man, I think I will add that when I muster up the patience to go to my lil dashboard. You ever been stuck behind two really big ass people (no offense to the BIG ass folk) who insist on walking slooooow as all molasses? I HATE that.

@Suezette - Chicken butt? Get to bloggin, girly!

@ LBoogie - lmao..my sister is one of those people. She's 11 though, so I let her get away with it. But I swear she walks like she's drunk...in zig-zags and shit.

9:10 PM

 
Blogger jonetsu said...

This caught me so off-guard RFLMAO, thanks for the laugh. BTW, I noticed you didn't finish what you started! What happened with Slim?

8:29 AM

 
Blogger C.R.C. said...

ROFL!!! Ammurika (in the Nelly voice) HA! *whew*

Okay, on to my comment. The "bump & glare" is my shyt. I'm glad I'm not the only person who absolutely despises people who act like they're in London somewhere and not in Ammurika (lol!....okay. I'll let the joke go now). EVERYBODY needs to read this one.

P.S. Thanks for leaving me hanging in my raising of the roof *tear*
:)

8:48 AM

 
Blogger Toya said...

LMAO!@this...man i remember when someone bumped into my aunt some years ago, when iw as younger, she was about to snap off on them...she was like "stay on the left side!"...man...but see in downtown Chicago, folks bump all into you..i guess because it's busy...but man, yea alot of folks need to read this...i especially hate it when folks take up the WHOLE sidewalk...

11:28 AM

 
Blogger Chris said...

I know what you mean...I get sick and tired of running into these teenie boppers hovering in circles looking like circus animals and walking on the wrong side of the flow of traffic...it's like, didn't you figure out after the first five people that ran you over that you might be on the wrong side of the mall??? Come on now; Maybe they think that because the cars in that Slim Thug/Mike Jones video were zig-zaging down the street that it is ok to do that everywhere else too...

12:44 PM

 
Blogger Dayrell said...

LOL!!! Soulful you cracks a sista UP! I feel you on every bit of this maaanyne!

Case and point: My little fiasco with "Airhead" who hit my car, just a little while ago, explains it all...lol. I sure wish she can read this ish! Rule #4 definitely applies to her w/o a doubt. *smh* LOL. :)

I like the LOU style....lol. :)

2:57 PM

 
Blogger cookie21204 said...

god i hate it when people talk to somebody through the window. ghetto folks don't care if 50 million people are in the cars behind them

6:28 PM

 
Blogger editor said...

LMAO, u got it to a tee!

9:31 PM

 
Blogger Ms. Blaize said...

@ Aries,

Yeah I noticed that! *LMAO!* and I don't know why they feel like they have to be seen. Sidewalkers!

See, those ugly heifers just need to stay in their lane!

1:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home